Joni's Poni's Season 8

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's Season 8

This topic contains 253 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Jonibake 3 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8617

Well done with Elector and Magna Grecia Joni :good: :good:
    Coronet is a very frustrating but lovable mare, she had every chance but just didn’t want to race today. :wacko:
    Very pleased with Mabs Cross today against all odds, unlike Coronet she does want to race and beat the boys.

Good luck with your picks for tomorrow, will look out for them…Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Nice one Jac. Looked like a good day. Just to let you know I’ll definitely be at Newmarket on Friday 17th May if you can make it!

A couple of bets for today. We are still away so will just post the bets but suffice to say I’m sticking with the genius from Ballydoyle!

£25ew Gifted Master – 6-1 – Newmarket 2.55 lost
    £50ew Fairyland – 14-1 – Newmarket 3.35 lost
    £50ew Just Wonderful – 11-2 – Newmarket 3.35 lost
    £3ew Yankee – The above plus Baghdad and Veracious (22 bets)

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8617

AOB pulls Hermosa out of the pack today Joni just as he did with Winter when Rhododendrun was favourite B-) She looks very useful though but was disappointed that my Qabala got bumped into twice by her own Stable companion and lost her chance.

Maqsad definitely an Oaks winner in waiting very impressive today and great to see Baghdad come home in the first. :good: Veracious disappointing but could have needed her run and Nayef Road just oozed class taking the last :heart:

Skitter Skatter has lots of growing to do and will come on for her every run, but feel she will be a late in the season filly, she has a very short back and looked likr a pony against all the others today.

Hoping to be at Newmarket on the Friday 17th Joni, my friend Mags and I are planning to visit Palace House Horseracing Museum in the morning to see Big Orange who is there with the retraining of racehorses team. If you get a chance its worth a visit.
    Hope to see you at HQ Joni, if I don’t get to the pre parade ring you know where we will be watching tbe race… :good: Jac

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Right trainer wrong horses Jac! Looking forward to see you on the 17th and great to read your comments.

I love the Chester meeting and I have a couple for tomorrow. I thought Technician was an unlucky loser at Sandown last time out and expect him to go close on a track that I think will suit. I also like the Frankel filly Mehdaayih who has the benefit of a run and could be useful.

£50ew Mehdaayih – 9-2 – Chester 2.25 winner
    £50ew Technician – 9-2 – Chester 3.35 lost
    £25ew double

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

A couple of soft ground lovers at Chester today:

£80 win Adeyebb – 13-8 – 2.25 Chester lost
    £25ew Frankuus – 4-1 – 3.00 Chester lost
    £20 win double

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8617

Well done with Mehdaayih Joni what an outstanding performance. :good:

Complete washout today for me also at Chester I thought Frankuus gave up very quickly and Adeyebb only got going at the end but was never close.

Think you can draw a line under today’s form there Joni nobody was going to push their horses out in that mud. :wacko:
    Jac

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Agreed Jac. Should have kept the powder dry on ground like that. The game was up for Frankuus the moment he couldn’t lead. Adeyebb ran very flat and I’m betting it was the track as he seemed to finish well once straightened.

A couple for today. It would have been three but unfortunately Frankellina has been withdrawn. Hoping she’ll now run in the Musidora. Otherwise I think Cap Francais will appreciate the step up in trip and should go close in the Derby trial. They think a lot of him. I also like the French horse Devant in the Chartwell. She is race-fit, has Group 3 form, will love the ground and has a handy weight-for-age pull. All that plus Gerard Mosse in the saddle.

£50ew Cap Français – 4-1 – Lingfield 2.30 lost
    £50ew Devant – 9-2 – Lingfield 3.40 placed
    £25ew double

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Devant was unlucky there. I see an old favourite of mine at a massive price. It may be he doesn’t go on the ground but I’ll take the chance.

£25ew Via Serendipity – 33-1 – Ascot 4.00 (6 places) lost

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Not quite happening at the moment but I’m hoping things will turn around tomorrow as my original English 1,000 Guineas filly runs in the French Guineas. Easthas some great form including a win in France last year and a second in the Breeders Cup. She has shown she handles this surface and so should go close.

£50ew East – 11-2 – French 1,000 Guineas placed

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

An early bet for Wednesday couple with an AP bet for the same horse. Frankellina is well thought of and her price will tumble if she runs well in the Musidora.

£50ew Frankellina – 11-2 – The Musidora placed
    £25ew Frankellina – 33-1 – The Oaks

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Looks a great week of racing at York and I have a couple more bets for tomorrow.

Frankel has 3 nice colts running in the first. I am a big fan of First Eleven but he may be vulnerable first time out and I think Crystal King is likely to prove better than his mark. He is a half-brother to Crystal Ocean and looks a typical Stoute 4-year-old improver.

I really think Cieren Fallon is going to be a star and he has a nice ride for William Haggas tomorrow on another colt I think may be well handicapped in The Night Watch. He is unexposed and Mr Fallon takes the 7lb off.

Finally I liked the way Invincible Army won last time and he is horse you have to catch early in the season. He won’t mind the faster ground and should go close.

I’ve done them all in a Lucky 15 with Frankellina who has been well backed for the Musidora.

£25ew Crystal King – 13-2 – York 1.50 lost
    £50 win Invincible Army – 5-2 – York 3.00 winner
    £25ew The Night Watch – 6-1 – York 4.05 lost
    £3ew Lucky 15 the above with Frankellina

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8617

Good luck with your bets tomorrow Joni and hope Frankellina leads them home for you. She will not have it too easy with Enable’s half sister Entitle and Sparkle Roll who I like very much to contend with.

In tbe 4.05 agree with you about the rise of apprentice Fallon but have a little saver on Breath Of Air if you can. He was unlucky not to get a clear run at tbe Craven Meeting against Top Breeze when 3/1 favourite and Ryan Moore is back on board to finish the job he started.
    Moyasser who finished 8th in that race has since come out and won.

Best of luck .. Jac :bye:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8617

Nice win with Invincible Army Joni :good: and Frankellina looked as though she suddenly understood what is required of her but too late to get her head in front today.

My Breath Of Air looked like he could do with a drop back in trip, it was a tricky race to find the winner and I had a bit of a wash out today but only did two horses so not much damage and some great racing to come.

Looking forward to seeing Too Darn Hot tomorrow :heart: and hope he puts on a bold display to cheer us all up, been a bit hit and miss so far but Newmarket and Newbury to come, the flat is only just starting…Jac :rose:

TheKryptonFactor
    TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 874

Cracking win with Invincible Army, Joni. Can’t wait to see Breath Of Air stepped back down in trip, Jac. Was very keen on him at the Craven meeting and think he’ll be interesting wherever he goes over shorter, even outside of handicap company.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8617

@Krypton
    Thats encouraging news Krypton, I was surprised to see they were running Breath Of Air over 7f yesterday for the first time because at six furlongs he was doing all his best work and agree he will be dropped back and winning very soon. As a yardstick it will be interesting to see what Top Breeze does back on the Rowley Mile on Saturday.

Look forward to seeing your bets today Joni :good: Jac

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 254 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.