The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni's Poni's Season 8

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's Season 8

Viewing 11 posts - 256 through 266 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9795

Well done with Kew Gardens and Star Catcher Joni and a few unlucky ones in there.
    Coronet just got fed up and stopped running according to Frankie and Anapurna had a slip going to post which would definitely have taken the wind out of her, The Revenant just didn’t like the ground but I was so pleased with the way Veracious ran I thought she was going to win 3 lengths ahead 1 furlong out but she did managed to come 4th and I had her EW at 28/1 with PP who paid on 4th in that race, it was a brilliant effort and I hope she stays in training next year but being a Cheveley Park she will probably be heading for stud now.

I guess you are now off on your travels until The Craven Meeting Joni and wish you a happy break and at least you had a few hoorays on the last big meeting of the season.

I’m going to Newmarket this Wednesday where they are holding a 100% 2yo card so for me it’s an opportunity to see if there are any potential stars for next season…and Darren if you’re tuning in here…I will report back after 2nd November when the last day of Newmarket is held. I’m staying down at Newmarket for Friday and Saturday with my daughter and really can’t wait…hope it doesn’t rain.

All good wishes Joni if this is your last post come back and beat the bank next season… :bye:
    Jac :heart:

PS… A horse called Rolladice won the 4.30 Catterick on Saturday it seems you had a ‘Mystic Meg’ moment there Joni :whistle:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 982

Yes Joni, if I’m not too wrong you have pissed away almost half your gains from last season this term?!
    If it had any effect I would still advise you not to play each and every Frankel progeny under the sun, but I had to learn this appeal remains completely unheard!
    So I just hope you lick your wounds to return in the shape we all like to see you for next season :bye:
    By the way, in the British races I wasn’t the biggest hero either, but at least I made some profits at home so far :whistle:

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2516

By the way, in the British races I wasn’t the biggest hero either, but at least I made some profits at home so far

I thought the flat season on the whole was pretty difficult this year. Not exactly sure why as the ground was probably more reliable throughout.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4197

Thanks for all the messages guys. Been away for half-term with the family. Promise to post a review in the next few days but thought I’d have one last bit of fun for the season with the Melbourne Cup tonight.

£50ew Constantinople – 15-2 – Melbourne Cup
    £50ew Master Of Reality – 22-1 – Melbourne Cup

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22054

Joni what are your thoughts on Born With Pride..?
    good luck with those selections tonight

Member since March 2008
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4197

Definite Oaks contender Nath. Bred in the purple and it was some performance to win that Listed race on his first start! Will stay all day and has serious credentials. But it’s a long time till June unfortunately mate!

The Melbourne Cup was my season in a nutshell. Frankie led everywhere but on the line. So near and yet so far. But he ran an incredible race and isn’t JOB showing himself to be a brilliant trainer?!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5813

Trip hope you ok not seen you in 2yo thread for a bit hope let me know your views on 2yo races seen at Newmarket and other tracks seen in last month or so.

Any darkhorses for new season to

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9795

Sorry Darren will get my act together and get some over to you on Monday when I have a quiet day at work ;-)

I’m wondering what Joni is going for in the November Handicap for a last hurrah and also what Hein thinks of my choice Mildenberger EW, at least I spelt it right this time hein…Jac :rose:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2022

Just popped on to say thanks to Jonibake for tipping me up young master Fallon to win app title at the start of the year.
    Not that you can get much on but it was good watching him throughout the season.

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 982

Your spelling is great stuff this time Jac, but I can’t see too many chances for Karl here.
    My opinion of this horse is not too high generally, but maybe he will remember his few good forms,
    so best of luck to you with hopefully limited stakes :bye:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9795

Looks like he’ll have to be a good swimmer hein the course is currently waterlogged and race doubtful to go ahead…and that sums up the flat season for me Joni :wacko: ..look forward to your review and I’ll be looking back over a few good 2yo’s I’ve seen at Newmarket in the last month for Darren’s 2yo Thread. :good:
    See you next year
    Roll on The Craven..Jac :bye:

Viewing 11 posts - 256 through 266 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.