The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni's Poni's Season 8

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's Season 8

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

Best of luck Joni :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

Thanks Jac – still not happening. I was really pleased to see Anapurna win but she only wins when I don’t back her!! Never mind.

Today is all about one filly. The incomparable Enable. What a beauty she is. The best filly we’ve ever seen and arguably the best middle-distance horse full-stop. I can’t back her at the prices but I hope she wins. I’ve had a small interest in the French colt who looks a very good horse and will handle conditions. I also have my nice AP bet on Ghaiyyath but I hope the ground hasn’t gone against him. It looks a good Arc to me as I really rate Japan as well. If Enable can do it she will be truly be a legend.

I’ve also had a bit on Mehdayyih who is all class and will love the ground.

£25ew Sottsass – 8-1 – The Arc
    £200 win Mehdaayih – 7-4 – Prix De L’Opera
    £50 win treble Enable, Mehdaayih and Battash

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5768

How things gone for you Joni Anapurna only horse winner at 6/1 with hills i got apart from no good

Any early views on Newmarket this week already put bets up for some of races this week

Also trip what you think to will you be there this week my bets in my thread

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

What a disappointment Ghaiyyath was Joni I also had 33’s on him ante post that win would have paid for my Newmarket Badge next year. Main thing he’s ok and going back to Dubai.
    Had to feel for Enable who ran a brave race but Waldgeist won that in great style…
    not much left of our beloved flat season now Joni..although terrific racing to come over next 2 weeks..and it hasn’t been one of the best I can remember for many reasons, but all good farmers have to leave one field fallow to reap the best crop the following year, so onwards we go. :good: Jac x

@Darren
    I’ll be there Darren.. only real thought so far on Fillies’ Mile and I know Joni will love this filly Queen Daenerys (Frankel) each way currently 16/1..she is a real eyecatcher but has to step up from Cl.4 to win this. :heart:
    Quadrilateral another Frankel filly supplemented and will be great to see her race with QD but….
    If the ground stays soft Cayenne Pepper will take all the beating. :good:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

If I’m not too wrong, Joni will love Quadrilateral :bye:
    If not, I am the only one to keep the faith :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5768

Trip what your views on win by Kinross at Newmarket and prospects next year

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

Hi guys. A couple of weeks left and hoping to finish strongly.

Darren – things haven’t gone great but, as Jac says, these things can happen and I was really pleased to see Annapurna win even if I didn’t back her. Slightly disappointed that she doesn’t stay in training next year but hoping she runs well at Ascot in her final race.

Jac – yes it’s not been a season to remember but there is still much to look forward to over the closing weeks and I’m already excited about next year. I hope QD runs a nice race tomorrow. I see her as a possible Oaks filly so it will be nice to see her stay on in to a place if nothing else.

HB – you are right, I am VERY excited about Quadrilateral tomorrow. I think she could be the best Frankel 2-year-old we have seen and I am confident she will win tomorrow and go into the winter a short-priced favourite for the 1,000 Guineas. She is a big, strong filly who looks like a colt and she is the only Frankel I have seen who has a turn of foot. As long as it doesn’t get too soft she will take all the beating and have too much speed for the 2 main Irish fillies.

So a couple of bets for tomorrow including my biggest of the year:

£300 win Quadrilateral – 2-1 – Newmarket 3.35
    £25ew Deal A Dollar – 8-1 – York 3.50
    £50 win double
    £15 st f/c Quadrilateral/Queen Danaerys

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

Good luck with Quadrilateral tomorrow Joni (and Hein) and in a way I hope your thoughts are right about her as we need a really good filly to take us into next season..I’m definitely with you on the forecast (but mine will be a reverse one) as I loved Queen Daenerys as soon as I laid eyes on her she also is an exciting prospect if she can step up. :heart:

Rain overnight into the morning and then clearing is the forecast here so expect the ground to remain soft.

Hein will be over the moon with your summing up of Quadrilateral as I favoured Cayenne Pepper’s chances when he asked me..so best of luck to you both. :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

WOW…
    Well done Joni and Hein she was AMAZING :yahoo: :yahoo:
    Just going to see her being led in..can’t believe she went off 9/4..
    Mine were well beaten but I did have Rose Of Kildare in the 2nd race so still going… :good: Jac

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

NOW I am very happy and lucky too Jac, as it was an absolute thriller :good:
    Fortunately her brilliance finally prevailed, as I hoped and expected :yahoo:

Very well done Joni too :bye: :good:
    hopefully that’s the start of a late season winning streak for you :bye:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

Thanks guys! I wish I could have been there to see but I made sure the break in my course came at 3.30 today so I was able to watch her live. I thought she was cooked 3 furlongs out as she was one of the first off the bridle and the runner-up cruised past. Then she started to stay on but I thought she was going to get boxed in up the rail by Bloomer. But to her credit she found that turn of foot as she hit the rising ground and won going away. Apparently she was 70-1 in running at one point and she certainly did very well to win from where she was.

It is all about next year for her. I’ve hardly seen a Frankel yet that hasn’t improved from 2 to 3 and I am sure that she will be suited by quicker ground where she can use that turn of foot. Anyway I’m chuffed to bits as you can imagine as it helps make up for a disappointing year and it gives us something to look forward to next year.

Jac – I thought QD ran a lovely Oaks trial. She was just a bit outpaced but she will be a lovely filly next year…

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

Queen Daenerys did run a nice race and is one for our notebooks and don’t leave out Love, she absolutely hated the ground and looked very dull in her coat today, she will bounce back next season on the better ground.

Got a few nice shots of Quadrilateral as she was cooling down after the race but can’t seem to put them up here now :scratch: what a shame.

So glad you got your big bet home Joni a real confidence booster and hein you really don’t need to ask advice on here you are a very good judge of form yourself and thank goodness you didn’t get put off by fanciers of the spicy one…LOL ;-)

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Thank you very much Jac, that runs down like oil, as we say in Germany :good:
    To be very honest your analysis helped me nevertheless, because I didn’t find your arguments for the spicy horse and against Quadrilateral too convincing :whistle: So I indeed stuck to my initial thoughts and opinion :good:
    Actually I think that’s what a discussion is for, and I hope we can go on like that :bye:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

£50 win Mythical – 5-2 – Newmarket 2.20
    £25ew Persia – 6-1 – Newmarket 2.55
    £25ew Positive 16-1 – Newmarket 3.30
    £25ew Buildmeupbuttercup – 15-2 – Newmarket 4.10
    £1ew Lucky 15

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

A last roll of the dice. Let’s finish on a high!

£25ew Hello Youmzain – 6-1 – Ascot 1.35
    £50 win Kew Gardens – 7-2 – Ascot 2.20
    £25ew Antonia De Vega – 9-1 – Ascot 2.45
    £100 win Star Catcher – 7-4 – Ascot 2.45
    £50ew The Revenant – 7-2 – Ascot 3.20
    £50ew Coronet – 7-2 – Ascot 4.00
    £1ew Lucky 62
    £10 win all the Frankels + £2ew Lucky 30

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.