The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni's Poni's – Season 7

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni's Poni's – Season 7

Viewing 17 posts - 307 through 323 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A few bets to post before the big game U10’s game away at Headington!!!

£100ew Fille De Reve – 3-1 – Newmarket 2.05 lost
    £100 win First Eleven – 11-10 – Ascot 2.25 lost
    £50ew Dream Of Dreams – 11-2 – Ascot 3.00 lost
    £100 win Wind Chimes – 9-4 – Ascot 3.15 lost
    £25ew Ostillo – 8-1 – Longchamp 4.05 winner
    £2 win Lucky 31

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Should be a great day in Paris today and I fully expect to see The Queen crowned again. Enable is, in my opinion, the best middle-distance filly in generations and I think she will prove it today. If anything is going to beat her it will be another favourite of mine – Sea Of Class. She is so aptly named and I love her turn of foot. Perhaps that 3-year-old weight allowance will make a difference.

Elsewhere on the card I am willing to give Dubai Beauty a second chance after her disappointing run at Donny. She looked very classy at Newmarket and it is interesting that they are persevering with this race despite that poor run. The Prix De’ L’Opera looks a good race and I think Magic Wand may run well now that the stable is back to form. Lady Frankel has been unlucky this year but has a lot of ability and will also go close. Finally I think Gustav Klint looked back to his best last time and will run a big race over what is probably his ideal trip.

£25ew Dubai Beauty – 11-1 – Longchamp 1.20 lost
    £150 win Enable – Evens – Longchamp 3.05 winner
    £25ew Sea Of Class – 7-1 – Longchamp 3.05 placed
    £25ew Magic Wand – 11-2 – Longchamp 3.50 placed
    £25ew Lady Frankel – 9-1 – Longchamp 3.50 lost
    £25ew Gustav Klint – 9-2 – Longchamp 5.00 lost

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 16968

Good luck today Joni will be getting a quick EW on Dubai Beauty and have backed Sea Of Class for the Arc and Mabs Cross for the Prix de l’Abbaye, have done a double on Enable and Battaash to cover them.

Really looking forward to today and it’s just about to start on ITV :bye: :bye:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

+£4,467.94

Unlucky with Sea Of Class Jac! She ran her heart out from that draw and was the winner two strides after the line. Having called it right I was kicking myself for not doing the forecast!! Still – delighted for Enable. What an incredible filly to win that race after the year she has had and what an incredible training performance from Johnny G. As every year goes by his stock rises and rises. He could end up being one of our all time greats.

I lost a bit over the weekend but a bit unlucky with Gustav Klint. Not much longer to go – I’ll probably keep it going to the Breeders Cup – but still some great racing to come with Champions Day looming..

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Just the one bet today. Surya is a group performer in the making and can win again.

£100 win Surya – 9-4 – York 3.50 lost

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

2 quick bets for today before we take on the mighty Marston!

£100 win Too Darn Hot – Evens – Newmarket Dewhurst winner
    £50ew Stratum – 7-1 – Newmarket Caesarawitch lost

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

One bet for today. Midi should be prove to be better than this mark.

£50ew – Midi – 5-1 Goodwood 4.20 lost

Participant
    • Total Posts 16968

Joni just in case you don’t go back into the Dewhurst Thread, this is for you with love from
    Too Darn Hot :heart:

In the cooling down area keeping apart from the rest of field pre race

In the Parade Ring smiling at the thought of smashing the pants off the rest of the field :yes:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Lovely Jac- what a star he is. Thank you for sharing!!

I’ve backed Cracksman today with all the rain surely making the Champion his for the taking..

£250 win Cracksman – 7-4 – Champion Stakes winner

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Trip left you a message in 2yo thread I did

And Joni how was Newmarket I had 4 nice winners over 2 days at ante post prices in my thread put up

Any darkhorses 2yo from Gosden yard I like maiden KICK ON won and 2nd in that race to

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Hi Darren – i had a quiet Newmarket unlike you! Congratulations mate! At present the only Gosden 2 year-olds that really interest me are the two obvious ones Calyx and Too Darn Hot. They both look pretty special to me. How about you?

I have another early bet for Saturday. Whilst Lah Ti Dar should take all the beating we know how well Hydrangea handles those conditions and she should run well if at her best.

£50ew Hydrangea – 8-1 – Fillie and Mares – Ascot lost

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I see Roaring Lion is going for the QEII now. Not sure that decision has been taken for the good of the horse or because they want to avoid Cracksman. Either way it has helped push out one or two of the others in the betting. Recoletos is a horse who loves soft ground and must go close. Grab the big odds now.

£50ew Recoletos – 13-2 – QEII Ascot lost

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I think this is the best price I will get about the super filly….

£200 win Lah Ti Dar – 11-8 – Fillies and Mares Ascot lost

Participant
    • Total Posts 16968

:yahoo: What a way to end the season :yahoo:
    Well done Joni and Cracksman 🏆 I bet you’ve got the biggest smile ever on your face today. :yes:

So proud of Roaring Lion today what a great days racing and flat season we’ve had. :heart: Jac

Look forward to your review of the season.. :mail:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Thanks Jac. Yes I was delighted to see him win so impressively but I have to say it is tinged with a little sadness/frustration that we only got to see him run like this twice. I wish connections had been a bit more adventurous with him as I am sure he would have given them a good run for their money in the Arc especially as Enable probably wasn’t at her best. Still, a great way to end his career and he should make a very good stallion. If you watch the sideways replay from yesterday as he goes past Capri you will see what an enormous stride he has. If he passes that on he’ll have some very nice middle-distance offspring to look forward to in the coming years.

I’m really happy for you that Roaring Lion won yet again. What a star he has been. I thought he was vulnerable back over a mile but he proved me wrong again. I think he stays in training next year no? Should be a cert for the POW.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16968

I’ll get on the Lion now for that one Joni, I can’t see him beaten next year, just love him.

Understand your frustrations with Cracksman too, he really does eat up the ground as you say and at least we can look forward to his offspring in the future. :heart:

Frankel is certainly giving racing a future in all his progeny and long may he continue to do so.
    Sir Henry would have been so proud of his favourite son if only he had lived a little longer.

Well done for finishing the season so well in profit, it hasn’t been easy but lots to look forward to next year with Sea Of Class my favourite filly and Roaring Lion :heart: what a pairing that would be, :rose:
    Jac x

Nausered
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 586

No don’t get on the Lion for anything next year Triptych, he’s being retired. He may have one more run in the BC Classic, but then that’s it. Sorry to butt in on your convo, don’t waste any money though.

Viewing 17 posts - 307 through 323 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.