The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni's Poni's – Season 7

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni's Poni's – Season 7

Viewing 17 posts - 290 through 306 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A couple more for today. Rostropovic should have way too much class for his opponents. I like well handicapped Nathaniel horses on softish ground and I think Study Of Man is a very big price for a fresh Group 1 winner in an 8 runner race. Plus on softer ground I can’t let Nelson run unbacked at 100-1!! He’ll probably be the sacrificial lamb as always though. A couple of forecasts thrown in too. Should be a great day!!

£25ew Nathless – 7-1 – Doncaster 4.10 lost
    £100 win Rostropovic – 6-4 – Leopardstown 4.55 winner
    £25ew Study Of Man – 9-1 – Leopardstown 6.35 lost
    £2 Lucky 15 – the above with Lah Ti Dar and Old Persian
    £10ew Nelson – 100-1 – Leger lost
    £25 rev f/c Study Of Man and Roaring Lion lost
    £20 combination forecast – Lah Ti Dar, Old Persian and Kew Gardens winner

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£100 win Too Darn Hot – 6-1 – 2,000 Guineas
    £100 win Too Darn Hot – 6-1 – Derby
    £50 win both – 20-1

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A quiet time but a fun patent today on the 3 Frankel’s all of whom have a good chance.

£20 win patent – East, Outbox and Formula One (2 winners – +£95)

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

+£3,335.38

A couple of nice winners for Frankel today with East showing guts on ground she won’t have liked and Outbox looking very promising.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A bit late with the bets but football coaching on a Saturday morning these days!! Anyway here are a few for you:

£15ew Seniority – 28-1 – Newmarket 3.40 loser
    £15ew Via Serendipity – 25-1 – Newmarket 3.40 loser
    £50ew Kenya – 9-1 – Newmarket 3.40 loser
    £50ew Spanish City – 7-2 – Newmarket 5.55 loser
    £50ew Cap Français – 7-2 – Haddock 2.40 winner
    £100 win Surya – 2-1 – Haydock 4.25 winner
    £50ew Fairyland – 11-2 – Newmarket 2.25 winner
    50pew Lucky 31 (93 bets)

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

+£4,112.40

Another really good day and a big profit on the day with a treble including two nice Frankel’s.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Reading Tom Segal in today’s RP reminds me how great SDS is riding round Epsom. So I’ve had a fun bet today.

£1ew Super Heinz (240 bets) – All SDS rides at Epsom today. 3 winners + 2 placed +£403.96

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

football coaching

Is there anything you are not good at, Joni…?

I’ve had a pound on you to be the next United manager

5/6 Zinedine Zidane
    9/1 Antonio Conte
    14/1 Jonathan Bacon
    20/1 Massimiliano Allegri
    25/1 Ryan Giggs

ps

Good luck with SDS
    How does an each way on Persian Moon work.?

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Your finishing the season strong Joni, good to see. Might have been even better for you yesterday; not sure what Atzeni was doing on Spanish City?! :wacko:

Not my day at all yesterday but so it goes, have a nice 5/1 bet on Enable for next weekend, slightly worried by the dry forecast though!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Jack of all trades master of none Nath!!! :) I would have had a little bit at those odds mate except I obviously couldn’t be seen dead near Old Trafford!! Great last minute goal from Stuzzer yesterday though hey?! This just could be our year……

Pants – I didn’t even see that last race until reading your post just now as I watching Liverpool. It WAS a poor ride wasn’t it?! I wouldn’t worry about the ground for Enable. She wins on anything. She is a machine! Your money is safe pal!! Good luck anyway.

Thanks both!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

+£4,516.36

3 winners plus 2 placed for SDS and a nice profit on the day. He really is the master of Epsom.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Joni not sure if you noticed but Line of Duty is running or at least down to run in France tomorrow at Chantilly 5.10pm.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Thanks Nath! Will look out for that.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16968

Well done with turning in such a fantastic profit so far this season Joni. :good:

I completely missed the two Frankel winners yesterday concentrating all my efforts on Newmarket after being away for a couple of weeks had a lot of catching up to do.

Great to see Fairyland and Ten Sovereigns win the Cheveley and Middle Park Stakes in great style, although Jash gave Ten Sovereigns something to race against the Irish horse always had that little bit extra in hand to hold him off. Jash is improving with every run and is one to follow.

Lots of 2yo’s to look at in the pre parade yesterday Joni and 3 fillys that caught the eye were Roger Varian’s QABALA who just beat Ralph Beckett’s Desirous home by a head in a ding dong battle up the hill in the Blanford Bloodstock stakes.
    The money was coming thick and fast for Qabala (Scat Daddy)just before the off and she went off 7/2 fav over Desirous (Kingman).
    Both these fillies are going to progress to top company next season and in particular Qabala who looks as though she will grow more into her frame next season. The third horse William Haggass’s Rainbow Heart(Born To Sea) also deserves merit as she was very lit up going to post and used a lot of her energy, she also took the eye in the pre parade.
    Ralph Becket also has another nice 2yo filly in Chaleur (Dansili) who won the Jersey Lily Nursery who I almost didn’t back as she was showing signs of going in her coat, she is one for next season now.

Will be interesting to see how Frankel’s latest crop have faired at the end of the season and still lots of great racing to come although it’s at this time of year that I start to get a bit sad that the flat will soon end, but the thought of seeing Too Darn Hot running in the Dewhurst in a couple of weeks is keeping me going. :heart: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Thanks for that invaluable info Jac! I’ll keep an eye out for all of those. Still hoping to have one last trip to HQ before the end of the season if work will allow!

Thanks to Nath I have one bet for today with a horse I believe has a big future.

£150 win Line Of Duty – 13-8 – Chantilly 5.10 winner

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

+£4,760.11

A good win from Line Of Duty – thanks Nath again for drawing my attention to it! Next stop should be the Futurity at Doncaster. He keeps going under the radar this one but yesterday he was boxed in until inside the furlong and then quickened smartly. He definitely has a future.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

I was on at 6/4 Joni
    Was getting worried with him boxed in and not only did he quicken well but was also brave to get through the tight gap.

Viewing 17 posts - 290 through 306 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.