The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Jonathan Neesom

Home Forums Horse Racing Jonathan Neesom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Have just listened to the aforementioned Mr Neesom complaining they are having to work outside in the cold and rain at Newbury – poor little diddums!!

As was pointed out to him, racing is an outdoor sport.

As far as I am aware nobody is forcing him to do the job, so if he doesn’t like it, then he does not have to do it.

There are plenty out there who would give their eye teeth to do the job he does. Most of them with more enthusiasm and grace.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

A bad day at the races is always better than a bad day in the office.
    As to digging roads all day…………..dont lets go there!

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Agree. Something about him gets on my nerves a bit too

Remins me of David Gower complaining once about doing a longish shift of Cricket coverage on Sky..

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

Lydia is well able for him. :wink:

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

He says some stupid things also (but don’t we all), like, "Organiz finished third, having been impossible for him to finish out of the first two turning for home".

Well obviously it was possible for him to finish out of the first two then :D .

Mike

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

He says some stupid things also (but don’t we all), like, "Organiz finished third, having been impossible for him to finish out of the first two turning for home".

Nah, I understand what he meant by that. If you’d have stopped the race turning in for home, you couldn’t have seen anything else figuring outside of Organiz and Royal Hector – not even eventual second Ask Again, who didn’t get the most confident of rides by Sarah West.

As regards the "complaints" about the rain, I’d simply interpreted it as another example of his – if it’s not an inappropriate description here – dry humour. His parting shot to the producer at the end of the show was, "you’ll be lucky to live", which made me grin.

Having got as sopping wet as the rest of us at Bonvilston last May and not getting paid for it (because I was that day), as he does frequently in his capacity as a point-to-point race-reader, be assured that Jonathan is no fair-weather racegoer. You’ll see far more of those at the Festival 10 days hence if God turns on the taps!

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

grumpyt
    • Total Posts 23

he should stick to point to pointing. mind he aint much cop at that either from what i recall

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3073

not even eventual second Ask Again, who didn’t get the most confident of rides by Sarah West.

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)

If you backed or laid the beast I don’t think you would know the entire race whether you were coming or going :roll:

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

he should stick to point to pointing. mind he aint much cop at that either from what i recall

Strongly disagree on both counts (unsurprisingly).

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

If you backed or laid the beast I don’t think you would know the entire race whether you were coming or going :roll:

Indeed not, though it’s noted that Miss West handles Ask Again far more competently and confidently in points – overawed by the bigger obstacles under Rules, perchance?

gc

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Ask Again was very full of himself on Friday, more or less dragging his handler around the pre-parade ring, I wouldn’t know if he is always like that.

Colin

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2772

He’s just been drivelling on about the Might Bite performance.

I recall him tipping a horse a few years ago on Racing UK with something akin to the following :

“ Nicky Henderson is in great form, he has a 48% strike rate with his hurdlers here, Barry Geraghty rides and has an even better strike rate here and the horse is a back able 4-1. However, I like the Jonjo horse at 16s. He’s not had a winner in eight weeks so now might be the time…”

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 27766

Sounds like Neesom’s dry sense of humour, Mark.
    I quite like it myself.

value is everything
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2772

He was being serious on both occasions.

There’s dry and there’s malcontent nonsense.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

Slightly off topic, am I correct in assuming that RUK subscribers have access to SD pictures only when watching online from their website?

Also my RUK online feed crashes every now and again then needs reloading before it works normally again. This is a regular occurrence for me, three or four times an hour. Might be a signal problem here, but I doubt it. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.