The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

John Smeaton

Home Forums Lounge John Smeaton

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

The hero of Glasgow Airport ..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj-KSy7_FgA

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2668

Sadly Dave, John started the interview by saying "I was having a fag". This will obviously lead to the full weight of the law being brought down to bear on him, resulting in a fine, public denouncement and a lengthy prison sentence.

He will be unable to get Legal Aid of course, as that will no doubt be being used up by the terrorist he jumped on top of.

Mike

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Yes Mike, it was a bit ironic that the working class hero was ‘having a fag’ before he sprang into action, the very people that the government are seeking to wipe out. Scotland’s first minister said, ‘He was delighted at the public’s response to the attacks, particularly Scotland’s muslim community,’ .. I don’t know what the muslim community actually did, but I don’t think John is one of them .. no words of congratulations for the smoker.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Scotland’s first minister said, ‘He was delighted at the public’s response to the attacks, particularly Scotland’s muslim community,’ .. I don’t know what the muslim community actually did,

The local Muslim leaders quickly and unequivocally denounced the actions as in no way representative of the thoughts of the moderate majority – that’s what they did. Both Radio Five Live and BBC News 24 had run interviews with such leaders within a couple of hours of the attempted attack.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Well I was watching the news all day and I never saw any such interview ..the only people that were interviewed was our have-a-go-smoker John and a skinny old bird with a tan .. I must have missed that bit, on news24, the channel I was watching all day.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Erratum: may have been Sky News – the hotel in which we were staying was channel-hopping a bit – but a statement there most certainly was.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Davros…….I think you make the mistake of listening to anything that baw-bag Alex Salmon has to say.

Hoewever, if you are going to dissect his words, then perhaps he had yer man Smeaton covered by the phrase “……delighted by the public’s response……………”? Just because he made for the best interviewee, doesnt mean Johnboy tackled them single-handed.

Also, there is a wider context to appreciate…….which is probably why Fattie made mention of the Scottish Islamic community.

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2668

Grasshopper "New Member". Tee-hee-hee!

Mike

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

I know…………can you fecking believe it Mike?

And Corm was accussing me only last night of being an IT numpty. Cheeky ******* that he is.

:mrgreen:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

what the heck is a numpty?

:lol:

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Numpty: (n) – a crazed, megalomaniac, forum Administrator, who wilfully, and with malice aforethought, deletes the accounts of long-standing forum members, at a whim, as part of a lunatic power-trip.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Goodness!

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Amazing what you can find in the OED.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Smoker sets about suicide bomber .. Smoking John Smeaton foils NHS terror cell .. :D

Yes, Grasshopper .. you are a bit lippy for a new member, slap him down Mike .. :twisted:

Kevin
    • Total Posts 295

Actual quotes from John Smeaton;

The interviewer asked "What message do you have for the bombers?" –
    John replied………. "This is unacceptable, this is Glasgow ….. if they want tae come tae glasgow, then we’ll just set about them"
    John also did an interview on CNN and they asked how he restrained the guy and he said ….
    "Me and other folk were just tryin tae get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him" ! :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.