The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

John McCriwick

Home Forums Horse Racing John McCriwick

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 661

Or even Matthew… now that wasn’t deliberate

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

There’s no applause smiley. If there was, you’d have several.

There’s always the option of finding one elsewhere!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/upthecats/eusa_clap.gif

:wink:

Another couple that could be used in this thread too…

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/upthecats/eusa_naughty.gif

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/upthecats/eusa_boohoo-1.gif

I like Big Mac….always have since I became interested in racing. He wouldn’t be the same if he looked the same and blended in with everyone else…

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Ken – It’s

very

rare that I ever threaten anyone with a ban and only ever do so when pushed to the limit. The only reason it’s been happening more often lately is because we seem to have had an influx of people intent on causing problems (presumably because betfair has had a recent clear out of a few).

I know some think we’re heavy-handed with our moderation but plenty others think we’re too easy going. I try to strike a balance.

What we can’t/won’t have is people descending to insults or constantly inciting petty and personal arguments with each other, the scourge of most forums.

I’ve no problem with hot debates, nor with anyone not conforming to the norm (although on here I think you’d struggle to find a norm). Also, I’ve had no change of tack on moderation, as you point out yourself there have been a few problems of late on here and I’ve just been reacting to that to sort it out.

I don’t wish to debate it any further – if you have anything to add please pm me.

• Total Posts 1083

Or even Matthew… now that wasn’t deliberate

:P

• Total Posts 980

At the end of the day, with his Big Brother & Wife Swap appearences, his loud manner & his unorthodox hats, no-one in racing opens themselve to ridicule to the extent that he does.

And in his defence, no-one else does it with such panache. :lol:

• Total Posts 1083

At the end of the day, with his Big Brother & Wife Swap appearences, his loud manner & his unorthodox hats, no-one in racing opens themselve to ridicule to the extent that he does.

And in his defence, no-one else does it with such panache. :lol:

Absolutely, a real character, properly on the punters side, he’s brilliant for racing, really like him. Entertaining presenter :D

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Matt Chapman and John were giving Barry Dennis some stick on ATR today – was quite funny and comical apart from the £45k loss.

• Total Posts 1083

Matt Chapman and John were giving Barry Dennis some stick on ATR today – was quite funny and comical apart from the £45k loss.

Yeah, it was proper ‘in your face’ stick, amusing, quite brave of John, no doubt Barry will have the last laugh come the end of the meeting though, these ‘Jolly’s’ can’t keep going in…
    8)

wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

Paul Ostermeyer wrote:

Spot on Cav.

And just for the record I have been sitting next to John this morning and there is absolutely nothing wrong with his personal hygine.

And before anybody comes back and says it was meant in fun – it isn’t funny, it isn’t clever it is juvenile.

…….would that be the same McCririck who out of his own mouth has stated that picking your nose and eating it is something that he practices because he believes it is good for you? And that is a FACT……mmm,nothing wrong with his personal hygeine is there? :roll:

Ask him about that next time you’re having breakfast together………..

wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

Repeated. Deleted

• Total Posts 1083

"Bob Wharton":2a466grp wrote: Paul Ostermeyer wrote:

Spot on Cav.

And just for the record I have been sitting next to John this morning and there is absolutely nothing wrong with his personal hygine.

And before anybody comes back and says it was meant in fun – it isn’t funny, it isn’t clever it is juvenile.

…….would that be the same McCririck who out of his own mouth has stated that picking your nose and eating it is something that he practices because he believes it is good for you? And that is a FACT……mmm,nothing wrong with his personal hygeine is there? :roll:

Ask him about that next time you’re having breakfast together………..That’s disgusting Bob.

wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

I know it is but it also 100% true I’m afraid so very relevant to this thread…………much more relevant to the thread than theatrical flouncing off speeches by people using assumed names, if I may say so. :roll:

• Total Posts 1083

I know it is but it also 100% true I’m afraid so very relevant to this thread…………much more relevant to the thread than theatrical flouncing off speeches by people using assumed names, if I may say so. :roll:

I believe you Bob, I was saying it was a disgusting habit.

bbobbell
    • Total Posts 591

I fail to see what a persons appearance or personal hygiene has to do on a horseracing forum, but if your going to slag people off for those at least have the decency to spell their names correctly.

Spot on Cav.

Well said Paul, it is nobody’s business what the man wears at Ascot or at any other meeting. For goodness sake some of you, grow up.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Having read the whole of this thread in between trying to find tomorrows winners all i can say is there"s a bit of tension amongst the forumites,probably caused by the fact we have battled for 2 days at Royal Ascot and yet there"s still another 3 to go! "No one ever said it was gonna be easy"! :)

• Total Posts 19

McCririck,

If the ole topper is what McCririck wants to wear, it’s fine by me.

My wife, on the other hand, says the ole boy could use a shave and haircut.

barry dennis
    • Total Posts 398

Mr Wilson, Matthew, Let them have their day,
    on the betting side, whats the betting whose the most successful on the year,

my odds,

barry dennis no offers
    john mcCririck 1000/1

matt chapman 1000000000000000000/1

were all good friends really

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.