The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

jockey profiles

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    schumi
    • Total Posts 166

i’m interested for fun to find out how jocks get on riding on their birthdays. a young apprentice from my town not to long ago was given a 25-1 winner for his bday. his dad told a few who told a few who told a few and so on the bookies were cleaned. i was wondering does this happen much? i’d imagine it does with young apprentices, problem is i don’t know if it’s possible to find out this information?

schumi
    • Total Posts 166

where do i get the information (birthday)

schumi
    • Total Posts 166

well it looks like i’m gonna have to hack your computer!! thanks ec

schumi
    • Total Posts 166

okay if you hear any noises tonight remember it’s nothing go back to sleep!! talking of sleep school tomorrow!!

schumi
    • Total Posts 166

that’s why i love this forum cheers mate

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Best of luck to those that back a jockey to win a certain race just because said race falls on his birthday.

(Edited by davidjohnson at 8:56 am on Jan. 31, 2006)

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

E.C.<br>Mick Channon often has a winner on his birthday as does Paul Nicholls. <br>Owners that seem to always have a winner when it is their birthday are Chris and Antonia Deuters. Mick Channon used to manage it for them as did Jamie Osborne.

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

I notice jockey Paul Leacock 1979 has a birthday every month on the 5th!

bear
    • Total Posts 143

Andy Turnell has always been a hero of mine since I was a kid. Do you know how many winners he’s had on his birthday both as a rider 1965-1982, and as a trainer 1982-

No, well I’ll tell you :-

None – but keep it a secret!    ;)

(Edited by bear at 12:45 pm on Jan. 31, 2006)

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Quote: from EC on 5:34 pm on Jan. 31, 2006[br]some smart dick answers by people that never offer any insight in to anything on here..nowt new there then;)

Bear..have you ever been funny..or has it always been a struggle?

no wonder this forum is full of pointless threads about whether horses have improved or not..yer make me laugh though..but for the wrong reasons ;) <br>

You’re some cantankerous old git!:grumpy:

Seven TowersSeven Towers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 607

Looking at the jockey profiles reminded me of Jo Badger, what happened to her? Judging from her picture on the site it looks like she’s been through the washing machine, poor thing.

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Haven’t heard much recently, but watched her a lot about a year ago, and she was definitely having problems with her nerve, if you understand me. Once your nerve starts to go, it’s awfully difficult to get back. <br>

(Edited by rory at 10:45 pm on Jan. 31, 2006)

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Quote: from Seven Towers on 8:12 pm on Jan. 31, 2006[br]Looking at the jockey profiles reminded me of Jo Badger, what happened to her? Judging from her picture on the site it looks like she’s been through the washing machine, poor thing.<br>

<br>The think I read somewhere that she was riding in the USA

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

I’ve just found this, schumi:

http://www.britishhorseracing.com/goracing

I’ve been wanting the birthdays of racehorse connections for a while.

If you despise any information that can find you winners, David… how can I put this politely… your’e in the wrong game.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

If you think you can make long term profits from such a daft system then so are you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.