JLT Novices Chase 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2018 JLT Novices Chase 2017

This topic contains 93 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Tibbsburge 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1734

Shes a great mare…On my other selection, Kemboy, a few bad jumps in there, but i don’t think the way he was ridden suited him, enjoys being more prominent..I understand the ride, as the ground probably means they were wanting to ride him quietly, but it didnt work out IMO.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25882

I backed the same two, Jack; agree with you on Kemboy – should’ve raced closer. However, in running thought the same about Shattered Love; previously looked one paced and showed a lot more speed than previously. tbh I only backed her due to thinking it would be very soft ground suiting her stamina. Despite the 8mm of rain overnight the going is bordering on good-soft. Had I known that then tbh I wouldn’t have backed the winner! :wacko:

EDIT: Apologies, RUK got the time wrong – ignore the above, it is in fact truly soft ground.

value is everything
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

Same old, same old.

I thought Terrefort had a chance after Invitation Only made a howler but you could see Shattered Love was going best from some way out and although some punters would have been hoping for a fall at the last, I don’t like winning that way.

Nice performance from the mare yet a bit ironic when Shattered Love was getting 6 lbs but was bigger than Terrefort :scratch:

Terrefort didn’t look like he was crying out for 3 miles and I reckon the Ryanair might be a better target for him next year.

Well done winners and good to see well backed horses winning.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Tibbsburge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11

The JLT form on show today with shattered love at Fairy House looks a very good race and will be interesting to see if she makes the running today.

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.