JLT Novices Chase 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2018 JLT Novices Chase 2017

This topic contains 93 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Tibbsburge 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Not a race I really bother with Ante-Post too much, and more often that not, I don’t even have a bet on the day. Not to say I don’t like it though, and one I always look forward to.

Might have a go this year though, and I think that Peregrine Run is an interesting entry, considering he didn’t get an entry for any of the other Novice Chases. He’s something of a forgotten horse, but assuming all is well with him, and he hasn’t had a setback, it could just be that he’s been kept for the better spring ground. I also think he’s perfect for The Close Bros Novices, as I think he’s way ahead of his mark, but the 33’s NRNB, and 50’s here is fairly tempting. He didn’t quite deliver the goods in The Coral Cup, but his summer fencing campaign last year was very encouraging, and he’s very high on my shortlist here.

Ben_Bernanke
    Ben_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

Willougby Court would be the one I’d have to side with, think he didn’t like the heavy ground last time and maybe wasn’t 100%, having said that I wouldn’t be confident enough to lump on at the current prices so maybe a race to just watch for me.

Peregrine Run does indeed look interesting VTC, but one I’d say is probably being saved for the handicap you suggested, like you said they’re probably saving him for the spring ground and don’t want to risk him either getting injured in a prep race or risk having his mark go up.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5709

That’s a good shout, Bobby. Thanks.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Cheers Joe, took a bit of the 200’s just in case. Be kicking myself if he did go here.

Ben_Bernanke
    Ben_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

200s? Very nice, always worth backing at that price if you fancy one in a novice!!

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

Peregrine Run being targeted at the Close Bros according to the latest press release from the trainer.

Meanwhile Colin Tizzard confirms Finian’s Oscar (in blinkers) will run in the JLT.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2276

Back over fences, over shorter than they said, havent got a clue lol

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2276

A very weak looking race now, willoughby court is an excellent price at 5/1

Pointer
    Pointer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 147

Couldn’t agree more, all the good novices are getting pulled to the 2m or 3m, I can’t see how WC isn’t in the frame to be honest. Invitation Only will be in the mix I guess but not a whole lot to be afraid of. Potentially Rathvinden or the Storyteller come to life on better ground but there’s a list of horses here who really haven’t shown much this season at all.

Time to get stuck in methinks :good:

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 598

Rathvinden going to The 4 miler.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

Finians Oscar has been confirmed for this by Tizzard. Let’s hope he can put an end to what has been an atrocious season so far and put in a performance worthy of his talent. Apparently the blinkers will be applied and he’s had a wind op. I think he might need a cape too.

Pants
    Pants
    Participant
    • Total Posts 630

14/1 for Finians is a chance worth taking. This does look the right race for him, if blinkers help his jumping and Colin’s team continue to run well it will look a big price on the day.

Ben_Bernanke
    Ben_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

yeah 14/1 not a bad price considering the potential improvement the horse has in it if he jumps well enough, did jump better in the last second half of its last race.

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 781

Monalee 6/1 NRNB
    Kemboy 20/1 NRNB

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1071

Invitation Only looks to be coming here instead of the RSA and is my main fancy here. Good third in the Flogas and with Ruby on board and a bit of better ground he should go close.

WPM & Wylie Have won the last three renewals also, which encourages me a little more.

I’d have to give Finians Oscar a chance also after the wind op, break, Tizzard back in form, blinkers & Puppy back on board.

Both horses look a good e/w bet in a race that will cut up quite badly.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.