The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Jamie Moore to miss Festival

Home Forums Horse Racing Jamie Moore to miss Festival

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jonny1ph
    • Total Posts 44

I’m not sure how many live chances Jamie Moore had lined up at the festival but surely banning top Jocks from the big meetings reduces the event as a spectical for the paying public. Also Antepost bets may have been influenced by potential jockey bookings. <br>Can you imagine if Ruby Walsh was banned for the whole meeting?

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

The ban doen’t apply to days when a Gr1 race is being run provided that the ban is 2 days or less. I don’t know the ins and outs of Moore’s case but if he deserved 8 days, then he deserves to miss the festival.

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

From what I saw of it he deserved the eight days. He deliberately tried to squeeze out the horse on the rail, which is a stupid thing to do. <br>It’s tough on him to miss the festival, but he should have thought of that before he committed the offence. It’ll make him think twice before he does it again, which is the point.

Wayward Lad
    • Total Posts 39

Personally I think Jamie got everything he deserved, and i really do not think people will not turn up because he is not there.<br>It sometimes allows a lesser light to shine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.