Ivanovich Gorbatov

Home Forums Horse Racing Ivanovich Gorbatov

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  IanDavies 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1222

Why is he chasing again???
    Three starts in which he was beaten 57, 33 and another 33 lengths should be enough to convince connections that chasing is not his game. The trip (2m6f) clearly stretches his stamina and he is not a fluent jumper at all.
    Maybe they see something in him most of us don’t, but that’s not the ability to jump fences.
    He doesn’t owe connections a thing and there might be other equine disciplines they could try out with him.

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

It was 20F not 22F Ruby. It’s also JP, so you really don’t know if he’s that bad at chasing or waiting for a mark..

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26153

Why?
    Think Cheltenham Festival handicaps. ;-)

value is everything
    Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1222

He was right there with them. For about a circuit and a half. Jost wondering what handicaps they’d like to target with him.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15442

I wouldn’t be overly worried Ruby, the main thing is he doesn’t look a danger to himself over the larger obstacles.

I think there are two ways to look at him.

As already mentioned, is it a JP horse running for a nice mark, or is the horse just slowly regressing?

Tough one to call for me. If he is being trained with a future Handicap in mind, then The Paddy Power Chase at Leapordstown over Christmas, or The Kim Muir spring to mind, but you’d have to actually see some rapid improvement from him for those targets, because the more distant finishes he has, his mark will be too low anyway.

He reminds me a lot of Aspen Colorado, who was a decent young hurdler for Joseph O’Brien, before having a very similar start to his Chasing Career. He ended up at Jonjo, who got a tune out of him back over timber.

It’s a hard one to read right now, but if he is regressing, then not out of the question he could end up at Ben Haslams.

Who knows?

IanDavies
    Participant
    • Total Posts 545

As stated I think it’s called “running for a mark.”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.