The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

ITV – your dream presentation team

Home Forums Horse Racing ITV – your dream presentation team

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 306 total)
  • Author
    The Insider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4

Don’t know yeats, but he has been under consideration

Several of the top 6 or 7 racecourse commentators haven’t even been spoken to. 2 or 3 others may have been in touch with ITV but keeping it quiet

A big announcement about the whole ITV team is due today

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-09-16/matt-chapman-announced-as-itvs-betting-reporter-and-presenter-for-racing-coverage/

Oh well together with the awful Oily Bell, Mick Fitzgerald and the possibly dreary Hayley Turner another to worry about their coverage

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Good news I’d say. At least chapman has a bit of life about him and isn’t a cliche spouting machine like most of the gravy trainers.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

Chapman has toned down over the years and isn’t anywhere near as cringe-inducing as he once was.

He still retains some personality (unlike the rest of the moribund racing media, most of whom look like death warmed up) and both knows his stuff and isn’t afraid to ask more probing questions than usual.

I wish there were more like him, honestly.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1927

Well done Matt well deserved.

CRW
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20

Great news. Racing needs him

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1927

I think it’s interesting itv have looked mainly away from RUK presenters apart from Olly Bell, isn’t this three ATR appointments now compared to one RUK.

Which suggest itv want to look different from channel 4’s mainly RUK lead team.

chalk jockey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 253

Good news,I am glad he will still be doing shifts for ATR

If you go to back a certainty always buy a return ticket.

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

I am quite pleased that Chapman has been given the job. Racing journos generally appear to be cringing sycophants who are scared to ask questions that may fall into the “awkward” category. Chapman would appear to be less likely than most to fall into this category.

tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 368

No mention of Malcolm ‘Blasting home’ Tomlinson, would have thought the Poldark connection might have got him mentioned to ITV as the commentator

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

The big race clash can hardly be blamed on ATR Steve and the weather was causing issues from the Curragh. I like ATR.

This weekends one wasn’t as bad because it at least involved two big races. How many times have we seen a big race being compromised because there is a load of crap with zero interest being shown? Surely the quality should take priority over the dross that only desperadoes and addicts are betting on.

The website is error ridden and they never reply when you write to correct them. I think they are crap and arrogant crap at that.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

I hope Matt can be allowed to be himself but I’d expect them to try and water him down.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 3439

Does he know much about betting and does much happen in the betting ring?

Dave Yates makes a good point about Chapman in todays paper, something he correctly states is the scourge of modern broadcasters and something no one has more of than Chapman. A weakness for interminable self-reference.

Louise12
    Participant
    • Total Posts 372

Does he know much about betting and does much happen in the betting ring?

Dave Yates makes a good point about Chapman in todays paper, something he correctly states is the scourge of modern broadcasters and something no one has more of than Chapman. A weakness for interminable self-reference.

Yates can talk. I think I know more about his life, likes and dislikes than any other presenter.

Participant
    • Total Posts 533

ITV racing will show 40 days of racing on its main channel, the broadcaster has announced.

The commercial broadcaster, which takes over from Channel 4 as the sport’s exclusive terrestrial partner from New Year’s Day, had already committed to showing a minimum of 34 days on its main channel.

Sandown’s Tingle Creek meeting, the Coral Welsh National and Cheltenham Trials Day are three of the most high-profile absentees from the schedule and will instead be broadcast on ITV4.

ITV will not broadcast a day of racing on its main channel between Cheltenham on New Year’s Day and the opening day of the Cheltenham Festival, almost two-and-a-half months later.

The July Cup plus valuable meetings from Ascot and York will all be shown on what ITV have billed ‘Super Saturday’, for now ending the possibility of any of those fixtures moving to a different date on one of the most congested days of the season.

Another winner is Newmarket, whose Craven meeting in April, not shown by Channel 4 in recent years, will be broadcast free-to-air on ITV4.

Newmarket has also benefited with two of its key days, the 1,000 Guineas on Sunday, May 7 and the Saturday of its Future Champions meeting on October 14, among the six added to ITV’s original roster for its main channel.

Cheltenham’s New Year’s Day fixture, Sandown’s jumps finale, Super Saturday and Haydock’s Sprint Cup are the other four days added to the original schedule.

A total of 14 days of jumps and 26 days of Flat racing will be shown on the main channel.

ITV main channel schedule for 2017

January

Sun 1: Cheltenham & Musselburgh

March

Tue 14: Cheltenham Festival – Day 1

Wed 15: Cheltenham Festival – Day 2

Thu 16: Cheltenham Festival – Day 3

Fri 17: Cheltenham Festival – Day 4

April

Thu 6: Aintree – Grand National meeting Day 1

Fri 7: Aintree – Grand National meeting Day 2

Sat 8: Aintree – Grand National meeting Day 3

Sat 22: Ayr & Newbury (Scottish Grand National)

Sat 29: Sandown & Haydock (Jumps Finale)

May

Sat 6: Newmarket & Goodwood (2,000 Guineas)

Sun 7: Newmarket & Hamilton (1,000 Guineas)

Sat 20: Newbury & Newmarket (Lockinge)

June

Fri 2:Epsom – Derby meeting Day 1

Sat 3:Epsom – Derby meeting Day 2

Tue 20:Royal Ascot – Day 1

Wed 21:Royal Ascot – Day 2

Thu 22: Royal Ascot – Day 3

Fri 23: Royal Ascot – Day 4

Sat 24: Royal Ascot – Day 5

July

Sat 8: Sandown & Haydock (Eclipse)

Sat 15: ‘Super Saturday’ (Newmarket, Ascot, York)

Sat 29: Ascot & York (King George)

August

Tue 1: Glorious Goodwood – Day 1

Wed 2: Glorious Goodwood – Day 2

Thu 3: Glorious Goodwood – Day 3

Fri 4: Glorious Goodwood – Day 4

Sat 5: Glorious Goodwood – Day 5

Wed 23: York Ebor – Day 1

Thu 24: York Ebor – Day 2

Fri 25: York Ebor – Day 3

Sat 26: York Ebor – Day 4

September

Sat 9: Haydock, Ascot & Kempton (Sprint Cup)

Sat 16: Doncaster & Chester (St Leger)

October

Sat 14: Newmarket & York (Dewhurst)

Sat 21: Ascot – British Champions Day

November

Sat 18: Cheltenham & Lingfield (Open meeting Saturday)

Sat 25: Haydock & Ascot (Betfair Chase)

December

Sat 2: Newbury & Newcastle (Hennessy/Fighting Fifth)

Tue 26: Kempton & Wetherby (King George)

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2849

Don’t really see the fuss about whether it’s on the main channel or ITV4, it’s all free to air which is a damn sight more than most sports get.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

Good to see that the Craven meeting will be televised again, even if it is on ITV4.

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 306 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.