The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Island Light

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

The Alison Thorpe bandwagon continues on to Ludlow again and I apologise for not posting this in the lays and plays section but I suggest anyone that didn’t see this horse win at the same track last time pays 20p on the Racing Post website and take a look at it. A 15 lb rise isn’t at all harsh for a horse that often ran well from a mark in the high 80’s for Ed Dunlop on the Flat. He’s still trading at around 11/4 and is crying out to hammered at that price.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

Big lay for me…………… rise might not be too harsh, but, shorter trip round sharp track makes no sense to me and is a much better horse on faster ground.

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Ground is the worry, but this looks a weak race and if coping (there are a few by Woodman who coped well) then it should go very close, 11-4 is a fair price imo

I’m also tempted to have a little nibble e/w on Hot Lips Page

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

Good result EW…… hot lips page second at 25’s.

Nice result for me too.

That Tora Pletcha could have been fancied on its early form over hurdles, didnt really consider that today though. Never mind, got the lay money, that will do

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Apologies if anyone followed me in. Hard to come up with any excuse really. He wasn’t fluent at the second last but it didn’t cost him a great deal of momentum.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

Quote: from davidjohnson on 2:17 pm on Dec. 21, 2006[br]Apologies if anyone followed me in. Hard to come up with any excuse really. He wasn’t fluent at the second last but it didn’t cost him a great deal of momentum.

Didnt see the race, just the result…… what were the distances, if you know off by hand?<br>thanks

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Don’t know them off hand but around 4 lengths covered the first 4.

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Pos. Dr. Dist. Horse Wt Jockey Trainer Age SP

1    Tora Petcha (IRE)  11-2  G Lee  R Hollinshead  3 10/1  <br>  mid-division, headway approaching 6th, switched left approaching 2 out, hit last, led flat, driven out opened 14/1  

2   ½ Hot Lips Page (FR)  11-4  J Goldstein  J R Holt  5 25/1  <br>  mid-division, headway after 6th, soon ridden, ran on flat opened 28/1 touched 33/1  

3   nk Darkshape  10-8  P C O’Neill (3)  Miss V Williams  6 9/4 f <br>  held up, headway 6th, every chance 3 out, ridden, ran on flat opened 2/1 touched 5/2 £1000-£400  

4   2½  Island Light (USA)  11-5  T J O’brien  Mrs A M Thorpe  6 5/2 <br>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.