The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Is Cheltenham losing its lustre?

Home Forums Horse Racing Is Cheltenham losing its lustre?

Viewing 2 posts - 358 through 359 (of 359 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8933

“Racecourses try to sell a day at the races as glamorous, so where’s the pop-up restaurants and street food at tracks?”

To be fair to Aintree on Sunday, there were two street food outlets on the track selling their products at fair prices. I had some at the National meeting and it was good.

The problem on Sunday was there were only three food outlets on the whole track with huge queues at all of them. If you joined a queue you would almost certainly have missed a race.

Fortunately I had a breakfast in Wetherspoons before so I did not feel hungry.

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

I haven’t been since the Friday of the December meeting in 2014. As a rare exception from the Arc courses that proliferate in my reasonable travelling distance it should make plenty of appeal but makes very little at all. The Friday meeting last week was hopeless, the Saturday little better. I`ve stopped going in April due to the wretched mares only initiative.Once you’ve seen Cleeve Hill a couple of times there might as well be a block of tenements there.

Viewing 2 posts - 358 through 359 (of 359 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.