The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irony

Home Forums Horse Racing Irony

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Has anyone else spotted the irony that the opening meeting at Ffos Las next Thursday evening is also on the same evening that Great Leighs was scheduled to race?

I wish every success to Ffos Las and I am confident they will succeed as they seem to be more cautious and pragmatic in their business plan.

Going for just eight meetings, well spread out, in their first year seems an eminently sensible approach.

It is a shame their opening meeting falls in the middle of the Royal Meeting, otherwise I would have been there but I sure am looking forward to attending their second meeting in July.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8992

Good luck to them.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

Has anyone else spotted the irony that the opening meeting at Ffos Las next Thursday evening is also on the same evening that Great Leighs was scheduled to race?

That’s pretty ironic, yes.

Don’t you think?

It’s like rain on your wedding day.

A free ride when you’ve already paid.

etc.

http://www.funmunch.com/celebrities/artists/alanis_morissette/alanis_morissette_images/alanis_morissette_3.jpg

(NB Alanis, of course, had a horse named after her once – Why The Long Face).

I wish every success to Ffos Las and I am confident they will succeed as they seem to be more cautious and pragmatic in their business plan.

…And perhaps just as importantly, worked out in good time what they wouldn’t be able to implement in the first wave of development of the site. The planned equestrian centre has been put on the backburner for the time being, likewise plans to court local hunts into moving their point-to-points to the venue.

Going for just eight meetings, well spread out, in their first year seems an eminently sensible approach.

28 – 12 Flat and 16 jumps – will be bid for next year, I read. Certainly looks as if the course is wide enough to be able to facilitate movements of their obstacles (portable fences, by the looks it it) to fresh ground as the need arises.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.