The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

!**#**##*!!** Irish Racing Authorities!

Home Forums Horse Racing !**#**##*!!** Irish Racing Authorities!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Yes I am talking through my pocket here but how stupid is it that we still allow races to go off early here. I watched the Imperial Cup and switched over to back 4 horses including the winner on BF in the 3.20 Gowran. When it went off a minute early, I hadn’t been matched and then it was too late to chase the price. It just shoudn’t happen and should result in large fines for the racecourse or the starter, not good enough!
    Rant over.

Cian
    • Total Posts 81

Yes I am talking through my pocket here but how stupid is it that we still allow races to go off early here. I watched the Imperial Cup and switched over to back 4 horses including the winner on BF in the 3.20 Gowran. When it went off a minute early, I hadn’t been matched and then it was too late to chase the price. It just shoudn’t happen and should result in large fines for the racecourse or the starter, not good enough!
    Rant over.

Agree, it’s an absolute joke.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

But the races were run in different countries. You’d have a point if they were both taking place in one country.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

What exactly are you talking about? My beef is solely with the Irish authorities for letting the Gowran contest go off early- the UK race just happened to be what I was watching beforehand.

Cian
    • Total Posts 81

Regardless of other racing, a race should not commence before the scheduled start time. it’s just common sense.

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

Yeah agreed, that’s terrible they went off early. They really shouldn’t before the time given. Will anything be done about it do you know or just forgot about??

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I remember it happening a few times before- usually an insignificant fine and nothing more said. I they fined the starter a couple of grand every time it would never happen, guaranteed!

trackside528
    • Total Posts 137

Remember it happening at Cork a couple of summers ago I think it was. Might have even been last summer actually.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Remember it happening at Cork a couple of summers ago I think it was. Might have even been last summer actually.

Isn’t that the one that actually started about five minutes early?

Until a rule change a few years ago, if a race in the UK started early, it was declared void.

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3073

I would say they average about one a month in Ireland for the last couple of years and yes one was 5 minutes, while in Britain I think we may have had a couple since the rule change. Just wish they were as keen on not getting races off late.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.