The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish Gold Cup 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Irish Gold Cup 2020

• This topic has 26 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by ham.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17574

Entries out……

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/paddy-power-irish-gold-cup/winner

I’ll leave the market principals, and look at some of the bigger prices Runners.

Bellshill – Yes, last year’s renewal was a shocker, but even so, he still looks slightly overpriced to me on his overall profile, and his comeback in The Savills Chase, certainly wasn’t without hope 16’s

Cadmium – This horse interests me a lot. I felt the manner of his win in The Topham was of a horse who’s future was outwith Handicaps, and had him down as a dark horse for The Gold Cup or Ryanair. He had a delayed return after being caught up in The Supreme Racing Club fiasco, and Mullins suggested he’d be keeping him to minimum trip this year. He’s got an entry for a The Ryanair, but not The Gold Cup, so I don’t know if this is a speculative entry or not, but I do think he’s got plenty to offer. 40’s

Chris’s Dream – I really think that this is a horse to take seriously. He had a very decent season in 18/19, and things got even better this term, with a very nice win in The Troytown. It was just the way he did it that day which impressed, and he’s certainly earned his entry for both this and The Gold Cup. 12’s

Jett – Likeable type, who’s always looked just short of G1 material, but I just think he emerged with credit from The Savills Chase, and they’ll have learnt a lot from that. He cruised into the lead after the second last, and was bang there till after the last. Mark Walsh eased right down when his chance had gone, and he’d have finished a lot closer if he’d wanted to. Although close to home at that point, he still spared him a driving finish, and who knows if that will make a difference or not. Not saying he’ll win, but at these prices I’m willing to take a chance. If most of these stand their ground, then there’s a chance that he’ll be even bigger on the day. If it’s a similar renewal to last year, and he runs, then at this price he’s worth a go.

I do like Chris’s Dream, but I’m more than happy to take a chance on the Harrington horse.

Jett 100’s EW

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 277

I couldn’t agree more about Chriss Dream. I think that he is going the right way, and I’ve bet him at 12/1.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 192

Well done Autumnal on getting that 12-1. He is my idea of the winner, but I held off too long. I’ll just wait now unless he starts to shorten any further, but I’ll hopefully be able to wait until nearer the time now.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 277

Thanks Jeff, I’m very hopeful about his chances.

Road To Respect is out of this as he’s been sidelined for the season.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3068

I’ve put a bit on Bellshill at the 16s ew. Hopefully a bit more pace on and kinder ground this year.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17574

Bellshill stands his ground Grass, and he still looks a fair place price to me.

I’m not putting anything else on, having missed the boat with Chris’s Dream, but I’d be interested to see how Cadmium got on if declared.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1838

I would be disappointed if Kemboy doesn’t win, now that he has had a run under his belt.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 192

Chriss Dream 15-2

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1838

The improvement Chacun showed from seasonal debut to today, with the same scenario with Kemboy it’ll be a steering job.

Running ReinRunning Rein
    Participant
    • Total Posts 186

Suspect Chris’s Dream may be a non runner tomorrow based on HdB’s comments in the build up.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1764

I suspect presenting percy probably wont run either

By the sounds delta work is also doubtful

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2570

Kemboy 1/4 at the off?

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 277

Running Rein, I’m very worried about him being withdrawn. Unfortunately I can see it happening as well. Hopefully he’ll give it a go, but reluctantly I’d also have to acknowledge that there’s no point running him if ground isn’t suitable.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1764

Apparently they have watered the track this morning

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1838

Kemboy backed. I’m feeling confident he can improve from his first run to take this.
    Good luck all. :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.