The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish Champion Hurdle

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Irish Champion Hurdle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

I’m not very keen on most of these, and looking through the entries, Honeysuckle looks the one.

Sharjah is a nice horse, but I don’t trust him to follow up. In that case, I am going to side with Saldier. His last run was highly disappointing, but at 14-1, I will have an each way bet.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 367

Beacon Edge 16/1 ew for me, I just like this horse. I agree that Honeysuckle should win though.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 367

Beacon Edge was certainly a big disappointment on Sunday, but I’ll put another bet on here, Saldier 10/1 ew

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3014

I don’t think enough was made of him returning from Colic Autumnal.Meade did say he had to have a lot of strong medication early January and given he was giving a horse like Bachasson 7lbs i’d say they’ll be quietly pleased with his return.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 626

I’ve decided to have a risky bet on Honeysuckle for The Champion Hurdle, so I’ll be cheering her on here.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2699

At 7/1 I’m happy to give Saint Roi one last chance to show the ability mullins clearly believes he has

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16447

I’ve bet him for The Champion Hurdle, so I’ll stick with Petit Mouchoir. He was close enough here at Christmas after a fair old break, and I think he’ll run well here at a price. One to maybe try and get money back in running with, rather than EW

Petit Mouchoir 20’s

PigsInBlankets
    Participant
    • Total Posts 78

A quite tactical race in prospect I think. Petit Mouchoir will have to make it and I’m not sure the pace set will be relentless, should play to Sharjah’s strengths and he will probably be my bet here. Although he’s been a difficult horse to call for me (and many others).

Abacadabras looks big to me but sure he’d appreciate a really strong gallop more, I’ve got him at 18s for Cheltenham so will be happy enough if he wins without backing him here.

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

I just cannot see past Sharjah at 9-4, and I think he’ll back up his win at Christmas

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

Abracadbras is a big price for 1 bad run , def a e.w play

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 555

Saldier 18/1 for me. He surely will improve after his run at Christmas. I think it is a very open race, so at this price I will go for Saldier.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 297

I’ve bet Honeysuckle for The Champion Hurdle, so there doesn’t seem to be much need to bet her today.

I’ve went with a straight f/c with Abacadabras

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3775

Got my free fiver on Saldier today, hope he has come on enough.

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 460

A second vote for Abacadabras, 10’s looks a great price for “Harchibald Light”.

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 460

Hmm. Career best? CH favourite now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.