The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Interesting to see what the Handicapper makes of this !

Home Forums Horse Racing Interesting to see what the Handicapper makes of this !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1234

I will be intrigued to see what he makes of the performance of Carinya in the 5.00 at Chepstow today.
    The horse must have lost at least 10 to 12 lengths on leaving the stalls.
    Thereafter it was given an awful ride by Fallon being denied a run, snatched up and switched, then finished to great effect with the proverbial wet sail.
    If it remains on anything like the same handicap mark it looks a certain future winner (despite the race not being the most competitive ever).
    In the same event an inspired gamble on the winner from 8s available early into around the 15/8 mark (presumably some smiling faces around Ms Chapple-Hyams yard)

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1234

Apologies to everyone the title should read Handicapper and not Hanapper ! ( a mixture of my laptop playing up, and my advancing years , lol)

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4563

Coggy

You can change the thread title if you have started it.

rob

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1234

Thanks for your help Rob – I didn’t realise that.
    Cheers, Tim

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

The slow start in this instance turns out to be an irrelevance, as Carinya managed to join the others while actually under restraint, such was the early pace. She was unlucky to a degree, but not as much as it looked imo, and I wouldn’t be raising her any more than 2 or 3 lbs max.

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1234

Rory – having re -reviewed it you are totally correct about hte start – despite losing a dozen lengths , there was absolutely no pace, so it was lessened greatly in importance.
    Having said that the ride was poor / unlucky, you take your pick.
    I would suggest if it was my animal that I may be slightly concerned re the handicap rating.
    Perhaps wait for another run or two

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.