The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Inspired tipping or just lucky?

Home Forums Horse Racing Inspired tipping or just lucky?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8863
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

Definitely sounds like a pin was involved.

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 741

While the first two winners could be given some chance there’s no particular reason on a quick look why anyone should be thinking the last two would be up to the task of getting involved in the race!
    Perhaps a deeper look might bring something to light but somehow doubt it.
    However good luck to the person concerned and hope they don’t let this go to their head,but if they did it a second time perhaps we all need go in search of a lucky pin?
    good luck to all

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Agree with the above, it does look like a pin sticker who got lucky but I would never begrudge anyone a slice of luck. Well done to them.

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

Guy I used to work with used to constantly do silly £2 bets over 7 and 10 football matches over loads of leagues. Won 5k and then a few months later 12k. Sadly got carried away and started betting silly money on matches and blew lot. Very definition of an addict.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Used to believe anyone doing this kind of multiple bet were mugs. However, I now know at least one professional gambler who’s had an accumulator up at the Cheltenham Festival. So is possible this person was “inspired” after studying form and backing what he/she thought was “value”. After all a 150/1 shot only needs to be thought by the punter to be a 1% chance to be a good bet etc. I’ve personally backed individual winners at 119/1 and 179/1 through studying form, so in theory shouldn’t be any different with a multiple. That said, it is obviously far more likely to be “just lucky”, especially with the stake being so small.

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

I had been planning to post in similar vein to GT.

Online bookies look for punters who bet win singles, especially shorteners, and each-way singles in Dead Eight races with an odds-on favourite.

And they will often restrict you before you’ve won much off them.

Multiple bets are generally less efficient, but they make you look like a recreational punter and you might just do the bookie a bit of serious damage with one before being spotted for a judge and restricted.

As my Dad used to say: “You’re a long time in jail if you get caught so, if you’re gonna do a crime, do a big one.”

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Colin Phillips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

Well, I’d never have believed it, Ian admitting that he had a father! Who’da thought it?!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.