The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Inspired by David Duncan

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Inspired by David Duncan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4378

With a little time on my hands this morning I have reflected on David Duncan’s Best of the Press system.

I have tried it before and have never made it work but have always liked the concept of checking a newspaper tipsters selection against known winning form figures.

With a little tweak here and there along with Templegate/Tom Pepper of the Sun I have found two which may do the trick.

Stratford 3.40 TUSKAR ROCK (411) 11/4 Lost[/color:2588je1m]
    and

Taunton 4.50 WHIZZAR (221) 1/1
    Great finish but came 2nd[/color:2588je1m]
    With a £1 on each and a £1 on the double I will not get rich but I will not go broke either.

Although I am not going to be able to post selections every day I will do so when it is possible

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4378

Following on from a low key start the week turned out quite well with the highlight of a 30/1 double and a third selection on the day finishing in 2nd place which would have been really quite nice.

PENSNETT BAY 5.00 Uttoxeter has form figs. of 711 and so I am not clear if this qualifies as 011 and as such is a selection or not but at 5/1 is tempting.

Sunday: –

SUSTAINABILITY 4.30 Carlisle is a clear choice.

It would have to remain in the building society for heck of a while to get 100% interest.

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4378

A quick check for today (Monday) before hitting the road back to The Essex Badlands.

SOD’s or MURPHY’s LAW always causes me a problem.

Today’s only pick is THE ABSENT MARE running in the 5.20 at Kempton and with 100/30 available looks to be a reasonable bet.

However I have already posted Blue Cossack in the same race via The Silly & Daft thread, maybe they will finish 1st and 2nd, funnier things have happend.

:) :) :)

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4378

Velator (3.15 Newbury, yesterday) got me out of trouble for the week and thanks to V Chandler’s generosity it was at a better price than sp.

This week-end’s picks: –

Saturday.

Newbury 2.05 Pepite Rose 13/8 Boyle (BOG)

Won

Newbury 2.40 Kentford Grey Lady 9/2 bet365 (BOG)

Non Runner

Sunday.

Wincanton 3.55 Themillionhorse

Won

Billy's Outback Shack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.