The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Important message for Gaz’s Way De Solzen

Home Forums General Sports Important message for Gaz’s Way De Solzen

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

The mighty Boro have just moved above Newcastle :lol:

What do you think about that? lol.

Only messing mate.

I can’t believe I heard chants of, "We want Keegan out" during the second half. Was that the Geordies or was it the Villa fans taking the mick? The Villa fans did sing, "There’s only one Kevin Keegan" at the end, which was definitely a mickey take.

Mike

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

It was the Villa fans mate.

They were singing their chants all game about Keegan, etc…

We would be ok if we didn’t conceed 2nd half goals.

We have played well in the 1st half of games, then for some reason, we don’t play at all well in the 2nd half of games.

We have conceeded loads of goals in the 2nd half of games recently.

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

I was listening to WM on the way home from the Walsall game and I heard that Villa changed their team at half time, taking off the ineffectual Petrov and that seemed to have made the difference.

I’m not sure which will happen first – Newcastle fans deciding they want Keegan out or Keegan deciding he’s had enough.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8965

I think the former has already happened Andrew.

He’ll be gone by April – I think his 3 year absence has left him a little short, if you’ll pardon the pun. Ferguson made the point that the game is constantly evolving and I think Keegan’s tactical naivety will be more exposed than ever.

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

I watched the Villa v Newcastle game ( in between the Newbury races ) on Sky yesterday and the Newcastle players had tons of enthusiasm and effort but few of them had the skill etc needed to play in the way that Keegan likes to. This is not surprising given the playing styles of the previous managers before him.

Keegan’s priority must be to make sure they are not relegated this season and then he can offload all the rubbish in the summer and try and sign some better players.

Pete

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Good post Pete.

We are playing a lot better football than when Allardyce was in charge, that is for sure.

However, Keegan needs to bring his own players in, it was a shame that he couldn’t get his players in during January. However, the January transfer window is difficult really to get the players you want, etc…

Let him get rid of the people he doesn’t want at the end of the season and get some players in to play his way and i think we will do well next season.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

I am not from Newcastle, no.

Does that make me less of a fan then? ? ?

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

I would actually say, from speaking to Newcastle fans, and Geordies, that the majority don’t have high expectations. Ok, we like to be high in the league, who wouldn’t.

However, you will see some fans on programmes like SSN who talk about Europe, top 4, etc… then the rest of the Toon fans get tarred with the same brush, i.e. expectancy.

On the other hand, i like to see players performing to their abilities, something which we hadn’t done when Allardyce was in charge. I don’t think there is anything wrong with wanting attractive and attacking football being played and to see your players playing to their abilties and potential.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

nothing at all wrong with that gaz, it’s an ambition to be admired and one you could at least partly fulfil by watching arsenal go 5pts clear tonight on setanta 1 – might be worth phoning st james reception and suggesting the little one does too :wink:

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Yes that is me and My Way De Solzen.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Unfortunately not, im his best mate.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.