The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Im on to a winner.

Home Forums General Sports Im on to a winner.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Twenty20 final’s day and here is where the smart cash will be going.

Outright winner – Somerset 3/1, 3rd favourites is a disgrace should be odds on don’t they know Andy Caddick has been doing his stretches all season for this.

Top batsman – Trescothick would walk this with a boundary every ball but he is so worried he might be recalled to the low standards of the national side he might take things easy so back Craig Kieswetter at 16’s

Top bowler – Alfonso Thomas 14/1 destroyed Gloucestershire Thursday night and will have Key and Denly both tossing and turning in bed tonight with worry at the prospect of facing him.

Team to hit most sixes – silly question, Somerset of course 5/2

Player to hit most sixes – take your pick from Trescothick 14’s ,Kieswetter 14’s or Trego 16’s.

Mascot race – Stumpy the Dragon 28/1 outsider, stamina doubts whether he will get the Edgbaston trip as only ever won at the shorter Taunton trip. will no doubt be cidered up but if the mascot’s use their brains they could fix the race and cash in on Stumpys long odds.

please note this thread should not be taken seriously, I’m just a little excited like a young child on x-mas eve.

Member since March 2008
    Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Not sure how those bets fared, Nathan, but I thought Somerset did really well to reach the final, a good performance. Great effort by Trescothick in the semi-final too. The old boy’s still got it.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Trescothick was the highlight of a really good day, such a shame the problems he’s had which meant he retired from the England team as in the red hot form he has been in this season would walk into any national side imo.

Somerset were great in the semi final, i drove up to Edgbaston because i really thought Kent would win and we would have the option of coming home early but the fielding and bowling was superb and shows how much Somerset have come on over the years it was a real professional job.

Sussex deserved to win the final, they put the runs on the board and once Trescothick was out Somerset folded like a pack of cards. We were sat by the sky sports cow girl dancers and i found it very amusing watching some of the old man perving over them, they watched the cow girls more than the cricket. :lol:

Betting wise Somerset and Trescothick hit the most sixes. i think Trescothick was top runscorer but i was not on and Stumpy probably fell at the first but i missed the mascot race as i blagged my way into the executive suite to see my better half’s uncle Colin who was supposed to be sitting with us but upgraded because he didn’t want to sit with the civilians.

Member since March 2008
    Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Sounds like a good day out, hope you enjoyed it. Twenty20 Finals Day is one of the success stories of county cricket. I hope they retain it next year when we have the P20 or whatever it is called.

What were the cowgirls for?

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Every time there was a boundary or a wicket the music went off and the cow girls with very short shorts would dance. i found them very boring after the first time but the old men enjoyed it. At the breaks npower fired t-shirts into the crowd but the girl who was shooting at our end kept firing them over the stand.

Member since March 2008
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.