The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

New Members Thread

Home Forums Lounge New Members Thread

Viewing 17 posts - 426 through 442 (of 492 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Welcome Zoebonnie

greenfilly
    • Total Posts 2

Hi everybody,

to be honest I just wanted to log in to the chat but since this doesn’t work I’d like to introduce myself here (and maybe get some help concerning the chat).
    Okay, I hope you didn’t notice I’m from abroad, from Austria to be exactly. I’m seventeen, still going to school… Horses have always been my passion and I started being interested in racing… umh, maybe two years ago. Racing istn’t very popular in Austria (in fact, it simply is’t)…
    Well, now things are getting complicated :D Next spring I will have my final exams and we are allowed to choose which subjects and topics we’d like to go in for. As you can guess my decision concerning languages was english, topic horse racing.
    And today I thought "Why not register to a horse racing chat for exercise?"

So I hope anybody can help me… and correct my mistakes please :)

greenfilly

greenfilly
    • Total Posts 2

Okay seems you have to post something before being able to chat :wink:

But still, I’d love to maybe find somebody a bit more experienced than me (which must be rather easy) to chat with once or twice a week :)

Otherwise I’ll just try to follow your conversations :wink:

tommynew
    • Total Posts 3

hi ,, does anyone know of any 2 for 1 racing offers about , cheers tom x

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

hi i am mr baker in name not trade i like to find loops in systems i have had some good ones in the past and hope to in the future to share on this site hello to all and all the best the mental baker

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Welcome Baker, Greenfilly and TommyHaw.

Greenfilly – keep an eye on the forum – now and again someone will go into the chat and post a note in the forum to say they are there.

Tommy – try the ‘Systems’ section of the forum. Lots of discussion around systems etc.

Kenmadeiros
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3

Hi Guys,

I must admit to stalking this site for snippets of insider info over the years, but have never made the honourable gesture of joining and introducing myself. So first of all, a big retrospective thank you for all your assistance over the past few years – your help and analysis has proved invaluable in my search for winners.

I’m a civil servant in London (just off Whitehall, taking strike action on Wednesday), and have followed racing since the early 70s. I very rarely go to meetings, but do follow the bigger races, with a preference for the jumps. My knowledge of the big race winners is fairly encyclopaedic, but less so the older I become. I’m a regular punter at weekends and go big (for me) at Cheltenham. I dabble with a few quid at weekend, no more, and will go a tenner a day at Cheltenham.

Favourite horses have been: Flat – Brigadier Gerard; Hurdles – Detroit City; Fences – Kauto Star

My contributions will be sporadic and probably not well-informed, but I will enjoy the banter all the same! I like internet forums but have been too busy at work in recent times to make many contributions, but have always enjoyed the healthy and knowledgeable debate of racing forums.

Happy punting to all.

Ken

frenchieturfiste
    • Total Posts 2

Hi everyone

I’m 21 years old, I live in France, I’m interested about horse racing since I’m 18. I discovered this forum a few weeks and I decided to register me on. Here in France, once a week we can bet on GB, generally in Kempton or Wolverhampton, so I hope I will found some tips on that kind of races because here, even if we can bet on these races, we do not have much informations on horses, trainers and jockeys. And I would like to say that you have a lot of BIG races in GB, especially the Epsom Derby. I’m not a proffesionnal but if you need informations about horses in France, I’ll be happy to help you.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

Hi everyone

I’m 21 years old, I live in France, I’m interested about horse racing since I’m 18. I discovered this forum a few weeks and I decided to register me on. Here in France, once a week we can bet on GB, generally in Kempton or Wolverhampton, so I hope I will found some tips on that kind of races because here, even if we can bet on these races, we do not have much informations on horses, trainers and jockeys. And I would like to say that you have a lot of BIG races in GB, especially the Epsom Derby. I’m not a proffesionnal but if you need informations about horses in France, I’ll be happy to help you.

Any photos?

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Welcome Ken and Frenchieturfiste – look forward to seeing your contributions.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

Hi Cormack/Matron, sorry to say that when I first came on here that I didn’t knew about this introduction section. I don’t think this forum is right for me, but I’ve give it a try however the are a lot of seriously negative people on here and to read their thoughts with no or little counterbalance is just depressing. I could have disappeared without saying anything but thought better of it.

stonecold68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5

Hi All, New to the forum
    Seems to be a good mix of topics fun, serious etc
    Been into horse racing sine my late teens and am in my 40s now
    Like flat and National hunt
    Dont mind losing hard earned on either!! and like to go racing whenever get the opportunity

Look forward to getting involved

thanks

Knowhere
    • Total Posts 2

Hi to all!

I joined a few days ago after having read some of the pages (mainly the Memorials page) for some months beforehand. Enjoy reading the views on here – clearly some very knowledgable posters… look forward to reading more. I’m named after one of my favourite horses, who ran twice with distinction in the Gold Cup and won an Old Roan Chase. Other favourites include Katchit, Fair Along, Lough Derg… and I’ve always had a soft spot for horses in the HR Mould colours (like Knowhere and recent winner Astracad).

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Hi stonecold and Knowhere

• Total Posts 1

Hi

My name is Keith and, although a newcomer to the sport, I have been following various threads here for a number of months and so I thought that it was time to say hello.

I have a very mathematical/systems approach to horse racing and, when not browsing racing forums or trying to work out "The Master System that will pay my bills for the rest of my life" (actually, I think I’ve already worked out that that system doesn’t exist?) I am also working on what initially was hoped to be a replacement for the now defunct Racing System Builder and seems instead to have morphed into a sort of continuation of Adrian Massey’s system builder (but with graphs.)

I suppose that I ought to mention that I live in France (where we do our betting in bars/cafes – much more civilised!) having escaped the Rat Race in City based Financial IT in 2002.

I hope that I’ll have something to contribute but, even if I don’t have anything sensible to say, rest assured, I’ll be avidly reading everyone else’s contributions anyway.

All the best

Keith

Participant
    • Total Posts 6853

Welcome, to "TRF" Keith.

Regards
    :cool:

Participant
    • Total Posts 12

Struggling to work out how to post properly.
    Dropping in here to say hi.

Tried to post a link to website and some graphics but doesn’t seem to show up in the thread, yet it does in the statistics.

Viewing 17 posts - 426 through 442 (of 492 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.