The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

I’m already wishing it was (insert month)…

Home Forums Horse Racing I’m already wishing it was (insert month)…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2789

..and then I’ll wish it was (insert another month). I mean God, racing, who needs it FFS?

Especially on the Flat. And especially the START of the Flat. And the END. And the MIDDLE BITS, goddammit. Is there anything so utterly futile?

Yes, JUMP RACING. What an ENTHUSIASM-SAPPING farce! Completely mind-crushingly dispiriting in every way. Why do I bother?

I MEAN WHY THE HELL DO I BOTHER????!!!!

Still, Chester soon.

Mike

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Eternal pessimists should never wish their time away, after all they might miss something to moan about.

Tuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

I wish it was May – we’d have the first two classics of the season, Chester’s Spring meeting, York’s Dante meeting, The Swinton Hurdle, Frankel at Newbury…. :roll:

threenaps
    Participant
    • Total Posts 315

Yes, bring it on. May, can’t wait for the 5th.
    The winters reflection and planning and the aspiration of the early spring about to be turned into achievement on the Rowley Mile.

Then comes all the Derby Trials,French and Irish Guineas,and those older horses coming out in the Jockey Club Stakes, The Lockinge, Curragh Gold Cup.

And then it just gets even better, June, the greatest race in the world, colts aspiring to be the future of the breed racing in the Derby at Epsom and if thats not enough, you then get a week of great races at Ascot.

Bring it on ….

ricky lake
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2999

all lovely , but most of those races will be held at kempton

Floods and drought permitting of course :D

Newmarket looking likely to be heavy , classics run in heavy ground

sigh

Ricky

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 917

..and then I’ll wish it was (

insert another month

). I mean God, racing, who needs it FFS?
    Especially on the Flat. And especially the START of the Flat. And the END. And the MIDDLE BITS, goddammit. Is there anything so utterly futile?
    Yes, JUMP RACING. What an ENTHUSIASM-SAPPING farce! Completely mind-crushingly dispiriting in every way. Why do I bother?
    Still, Chester soon.

CLARIFICATIONS AND CORRECTIONS

We have been asked to point out that, contrary to the misleading impression which may have been given earlier, Professor Trubshawe has had nothing whatsoever to do with the original post on this thread.
    We apologise if early editions of this thread may inadvertently have given the erroneous impression to some readers that it was in fact written by Professor Trubshawe.
    We are happy to clarify that because the original post on this thread contained more than three dots, more than three or four words and at least some indication of the reasons behind the expression of an initial view, it could not reasonably be inferred by a reader of sound mind and reasonable firmness that it was written by the professor.
    We are happy to make this clear and unreservedly apologise for any embarrassment or inconvenience which may inadvertently have been caused to Professor Trubshawe.
    We also apologise to any followers of Flat racing (whatever stage of the season they choose to pursue their interest), anyone who is suffering from distressing deficits of enthusiasm (or indeed "ethusiasm"), anyone whose bets have upsettingly gone pear-shaped for no apparent reason despite clear form indications of success, and any members of the racegoing fraternity at Chester racecourse.

Professortrubshawe
    • Total Posts 505

..and then I’ll wish it was (

insert another month

). I mean God, racing, who needs it FFS?

Still, Chester soon.

Mike

It’s an excellent question to ask oneself when betting on animals running across a field.

Professortrubshawe
    • Total Posts 505

Chester on Wednesday!

‘He always tells us when it’s going to win!’

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

… February cos it’s good and short

Those 31-day months are such a drag

And don’t get me started on October. A whole extra hour to live. Every year! I mean Jesus Christ, who the hell bloody thought that up!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.