The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

I wish Seve would turn it in…

Home Forums General Sports I wish Seve would turn it in…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2668

I don’t know why Augusta gives him a card anyway (although they seem to love ‘golden oldies’ i.e. past their sell-by dates) but +22 at the cut is just embarrassing.

Surely he can’t feel good about it himself?

Mike

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

I’d agree, but it’s a particular shame with Seve. He’s been like that for 10 years, and he’s only 50 now! If he was a horse, he’d have been put down by now. His back troubles are one of golf’s big travesties.

I’m not in agreeance with the whole ‘past champions’ thing. It just keeps out younger, hungrier players who may actually compete. The whole thing just reminds me of when old racehorses get paraded at big meetings.

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2668

The whole thing just reminds me of when old racehorses get paraded at big meetings.

<br>Yeah, but at least they don’t run in the bloody race!

Mike

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Surely he can’t feel good about it himself?

The question is: "what else would he be doing with his time?"

If he enjoys the game and is at peace with his place in<br>the rankings, why not accept the invitation and turn up?

Anyway, according to wikipedia, he turns 50 tomorrow and he’ll be eligible for the seniors tour which would probably be a better place for him.

Steve

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Unfortunately, I don’t even think he’ll get much joy there. Look at Craig Stadler & Tom Watson; they still look respectable against the young guns, and they aren’t even the very best on the Senior’s tour.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.