The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Howie Johnson’s pilots

Home Forums Horse Racing Howie Johnson’s pilots

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

No idea about why he got rid of Lee and Brennan but fingers crossed Reg gets to keep the job up at Johnson’s – they have a nice set of horses there, not as many Festival contenders but with the likes of Inglis Drever, Bewleys Berry he’ll get some shots at the big pots.

grumpyt
    • Total Posts 23

O’Regan is a top rider but also very intelligent built into contract that if offered stable jockeys job a Meades he is free to go.They need him more than he needs them. As lots of expensives horses and very few jockey left that would take job.I would expect James O’Farrell to take over in time or Wilson Renwick. O’Farrell is a good rider and rides like Lee ,Brennan and O Regan.

lekha85
    Participant
    • Total Posts 330

O’ Farrell not always the best at following instructions…

O’Regan is one of the best jocks on the circuit at the moment IMHO. He is a sensitive and intelligent rider but with the strength and agility to compete with Mcoy’s finishes.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Johnson hired O’Regan for his size.. Brennan and Lee are reasonably big and I would assume this is something to do with the number of ex flat horses in his care..

grumpyt
    • Total Posts 23

Meade wouldnt have Madden as stable jockey in a month of Sundays. As regards the two lads leaving neither or them are yes men. Brennan is hard on himself and has two many demons in his head and whats winners he was fustrated riding **** up north and not getting away to ride good horses when they had no chance example to day 3 of NTDs at huntingdon paddy goes else were for better rides.
    Lee that was a bolt out of the blue i think even for him and the **** about yer mans wife was bollocks but graham is in a better job now anyway than Johnsons.

Peter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 548

I think that grumpyt has a point about PB not caring for life up North.
    Christian Williams seems not to have lasted very long at Sue Smith’s as well.
    Seems to me that the Northern circuit jocks are a breed apart and while it’s OK for them to happily relocate south (eg Fallon) the same in reverse does not apply.

batman
    • Total Posts 489

But why go through all the upheaval? Why did he get rid of first Lee and then Brennan?

i never heard but did he get rid of them or did they leave?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.