The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

How Your Bets Went – Tuesday

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips How Your Bets Went – Tuesday

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bigpike89
    • Total Posts 13

Well, day started off with my horse in the first race dissapearing. I had a choice between that horse and the winner……and picked the other. Silly me. Surprised because ‘Go Native’ is a Noel Meade horse and I usually back Noel Maede horses, and after watching his new line up in his stable during an At The Races feature up’d on youtube, I was encouraged, unfortunately his charge ‘Go Native’ slipped my mind. Oh and My £2 Placepot went down the swanny after this as well.

2nd race I had a fiver on Khalarhari King@Cheltenham, @16/1, and it looked like coming in when it touched a nose in front only to be beaten by a NOSE by paddyplasterer.

I thought <b>’Cousin Vinny’ </b>was a lay (back to lose) if I ever saw one and this was confirmed. Hell he’s (in his trainer Willie Mullins own words) not even the favourite in his stables with ‘Zaynar’ being selected in the interview I read in the post.

So feeling down on my luck I to try elsewhere and also to kill time tried a maiden at Southwell 5mins later.
    SAME THING HAPPENED. My horse catches up, only to be beaten by a nose.

<b>Next race, doubts on the favourites experience over hurdles – Winchita Lineman, but with Mcoy on board i was confident and backed it at 6-1 with £5. Despite nearly falling twice and bein about 8 lengths behind it caught up and I thought my luck was turning. Brillaint ride by Mcoy. Shame he didn’t have a good one on Binocular 30minutes later.</b>

Next race was at Southwell. Carbon copy of its last. I have a horse catch up, touch noses with the horse that was competing for the lead, but it couldn’t quite push in front.
    <u>To ADD INSULT TO INJURY a fella in front of me declares ‘I picked the name and won £100′</u>. So there goes my few years worth of reading about horseracing down the spout.

A combo of things happened int he champion hurdle. £50 0n Binocular, I’ve followed this horse all season. Love the horse, its a class act and alright, it hadn’t stayed last time at Cheltenham but Nicky Henderson had schooled it right and was full of praise for the horse, that was basically down as a NAP (certainty) and Mcoy even said would find it ‘easy’. My eyes sore £138 shining in front of me until……
    Tony Mcoy decided to wait, and wait,and wait, and wait, and wait for his charge on Binocular and instead let Punjabi, a horse who to an extent everyone thought was past it.
    The regulars in the bookies all laughed, silence ensued in shock, and not one person had won on it until….
    Said person who’d ‘picked the name’ walks in from having a ciggy outside and declares he’s won again.

I had a third in the Cross Country and the Mares Hurdle is best forgotten about.

As for tomorrow I’ve got ‘Lough Derg’ @16/1 £2.50 E/W in the Coral Cup, and I’ve got the favourite ‘Diamond Harry’ in the Ballymore stakes from 2 weeks ago after hearing how highly Nick Williams who trains him regards him and the many superlatives Weekender’s ‘Mark Howards’ books applied to him.

Paul Carberry is so far having a great Cheltenham with 3 wins, and the irish horses have started well with Qveuga runnig aware with the mares hurdle.

Friday Selections are ‘On Raglan Road’@20/1 in the novice hurdle – has good form but likes flatter tracks being honest
    County Hurdle I like ‘Numide’ and he’ll definetly stay on, and for the foxhunters chase ‘Murphys Cardinal’ appeals to me after checking the form and his preferred ground and trip on the racing post website.

As for the biggy, well I like Neptune Collonges. Less naturally talented than Kauto or Denman but stablemates to both, arguably a better jumper and most definetly in the best form and racing off a better mark. Harry Findlay Denman’s owner has gone as far to say his guest is as good as anyones how well OR badly Denman could do, and as for Kauto Star whilst I have a horrible feeling fate may bite me in the bum, but Paul Nicholls has even said lately he’s had tendencies to do silly things and go hell for leather with Ruby Walsh corroburating.

As for tomorrow, If <b>Master Minded</b> doesn’t win, then frankly I’ll burn my timeform. I’m sure many will say the same. He’s the top rated chaser at the moment and is a Nap.

Still annoys me the way people with knowledge lose out to people who just pluck for names and luckily win.

All in all as my nan always says to me ‘<i><b>you never meet a poor bookie'</b></i>.

Also Albertas Run looks good value in the Gold Cup after winning last years Royal Sun & ALliance Chase, and <b>Barber Shop – trained by Nicky Henderson and owned by and carrying the Queens colours</b>, looks promising.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.