The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Horses we haven't seen or heard about this season

Home Forums Horse Racing Horses we haven't seen or heard about this season

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1200

Just thinking about this today. There must be a large number of horses that interviewers would never ask trainers about, and I always find that interviewers constantly ask trainers about the same horses. For example Willie Mullins must be sick to the teeth of answering the same questions about Faugheen, douvan etc, and to be honest im beginning to get fed up of hearing interviewers ask about those horses. So as a mullins fan id like to know does anyone know anything about the following horses who have showed promise last year but haven’t been heard of since…
    analifet
    livelovelaugh
    bordini
    Lyrical theatre
    Adrianna des mottes

Has anyone any horses in this category that they never get the opportunity to get an update on?

Participant
    • Total Posts 13248

I’ll add TURCAGUA to that list TWM, I had him in my ten to follow, expecting great things,
    but I would have had more chance of spotting Lord Lucan.

No update as to why he hasn’t run, but having just checked him again, I see he now has an
    entry in The Champion Bumper at The Festival.

Participant
    • Total Posts 340

Add to that Beat That from Henderson’s stable….was expecting big things over fences….not been seen or heard of for a while…

obiwankenobi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 349

Zubayr 345 euro’s at Arquana, yet to run.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Adriana Des Mottes was sold as a broodmare, could be possible the other mares on the list were also retired to stud. Pretty sure Turcagua was entered up a few times this season.

Participant
    • Total Posts 13248

Adriana Des Mottes was sold as a broodmare, could be possible the other mares on the list were also retired to stud. Pretty sure Turcagua was entered up a few times this season.

He was indeed entered a few times Tommy, but never appeared. I kept looking for any update
    as to why he was later withdrawn, but found none. Nothing was ever mentioned on Willie
    Mullin’s site. Willie plays it so close to his chest he would have given Philby and Burgess
    a run for their money.

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1200

Milsean is another. Close second in the Albert Bartlett. No sign or sound since.

Participant
    • Total Posts 61

Asked Eddie O Leary at Clonmel 2 weeks ago about plans for Milsean, ” a long summer on grass, has picked up a leg and out until next season, has been at home since Cheltenham last year”

AKP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

Read that across the bay had been retired.

What has happened to hey big spender and a
    Tatenen?

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1612

Thanks AKP, I had also been wondering about Across The Bay. Have now found a link about his retirement, and also a link reporting the retirements of Hey Big Spender and another old favourite Oiseau De Nuit. It seems local newspapers are often better at reporting things like this than the national racing press!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/other-sport/horse-racing/aintree-regular-across-bay-retired-10770323

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Hey-Big-Spender-Oiseau-Nuit-bid-goodbye-chasing/story-27793500-detail/story.html

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1612

A few others I’d be keen to hear news of are:

Carruthers
    Cedre Bleu
    Charingworth
    Get Me Out Of Here
    Riverside Theatre
    Western Warhorse

Participant
    • Total Posts 118

Western Warhorse I believe is still being slowly nursed back from his injury after his Aintree run, the tendon is taking longer to heal, but is on the mend.

Darren P Goodbody

Participant
    • Total Posts 118

A few others I’d be keen to hear news of are:

Carruthers
    Cedre Bleu
    Charingworth
    Get Me Out Of Here
    Riverside Theatre
    Western Warhorse

Charingworth has probably been retired now at the age of 13, likewise with Carruthers who is also 13, believe Sarah now trains him

Darren P Goodbody

Participant
    • Total Posts 533

Add to that Beat That from Henderson’s stable….was expecting big things over fences….not been seen or heard of for a while…

Beat That is out for the season

Participant
    • Total Posts 7513

Carruthers has been pointing this season.

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1612

Thanks for the replies. I have tracked some information about Carruthers down now – he came 8th in his pointing debut at Larkhill on 23/1 :-)

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2904

After the Kingwell last week I wondered why we hadn’t seen last year’s winner Blue Heron this season :unsure:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.