The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Horses run loose in Central London

Home Forums Lounge Horses run loose in Central London

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8261

There was a serious incident this morning in London. A few Army horses threw their riders and galloped loose on the roads. It sounds like they have all been caught but one looked like it was injured. One of the riders was also hurt.

The BBC says the horses were spooked by noise from a building site. Perhaps so but it must have been something quite loud. These horses are trained to put up with all sorts of noise:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68887800

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1048

Absolutely shocking footage, a miracle that there were no fatalities.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9152

One of the horses was I covered in blood. They must have been terrified. I hope no one has been seriously hurt.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16448

I found that very difficult to watch but all the horses now caught and receiving veterinary treatment.
    The white horse appeared to have injured his hind leg and it is reported this morning that three horses are fine but two of the horses are in a serious condition, they have been named as Vida and Quaker, Just hoping against hope that they will get through this and hopefully be retired early.
    Thoughts also with those injured during the incident. :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1048

The noise excuses for the unprecedented rampage sounded a little unconvincing to me. They should be used to suddent noises. Do they wear earplugs like some racehorses, I wonder.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16448

Grey military horse Vida has returned to her stables after undergoing surgery but things not looking good for the black horse Quaker who I believe is the one who collided with the tourist bus.
    Hope and pray that he pulls through this terrible ordeal.

Thankfully all horse riders and members of the public that were injured are doing well. 💞 Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.