The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Horse/Jockey performances not to be seen again?

Home Forums Horse Racing Horse/Jockey performances not to be seen again?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ZamorstonZamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1113

I’m extremely sorry for starting yet another thread to do with the new whip rules, but have been thinking about this for a while and was going to post and then just saw JJM’s post in another thread mentioning one of the rides I was going to point out. It could turn out to be an interesting thread with great memories brought back, it could just slip away as another moan in some eyes….we’ll see…?

So, from years past what jockey and horse performances that you thoroughly enjoyed would you not expect to see now under these new rules?

The first one that comes to my mind is not a memorable one in that it was a big race at a big meeting, just what I thought was a fnantastic effort from Timmy Murphy to win on a horse that looked beaten. The ride was on Vertige Dore a few weeks ago at Fontwell for anyone who didn’t see. I think it’s safe to say that under the new rules Murphy would have settled for 2nd place and just coasted in behind the winner and not galvanised what looked a beaten horse to come back and win in a thrilling end to the race…

A couple of horses I’d throw in the mix that were hugely popular with the public but needed plenty of persuasion during their races were…..Lough Derg and Inglis Drever…How many races would those 2 have won with these new rules in place and how many thrilling performances from the two of them would we have not seen?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.