The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Horse racing syndicates thoughts?

Home Forums Horse Racing Horse racing syndicates thoughts?

Viewing 9 posts - 18 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

My Mother’s just given me one of my Xmas present which is a share in a Mark Prescott horse and through owners group , im actually really looking forward to watching him

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Aren’t Racing Clubs sometimes better than Racing Syndicates as a way into everything “Racing”?

Value Is Everything
    Steely Dan
    Participant
    • Total Posts 37

Yes GSP, I am enjoying it. Both “my” horses are coming back from injuries at the moment, so patience is needed. Hopefully both will be ready to run early in the New Year, but on the flip side both have won races which was thrilling.

As to renewing, I will certainly retain an interest in one of them, however I may look for a different horse for my second interest, either with Owners Group or a similarly run racing club.

GSP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

I assume SD one horse isn’t doing quite as well as the other, but appears with the flexibility to renew you can make decisions for next year. Not much fun keeping with a horse that keeps being beaten 50 lengths!

Colin Phillips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

What happens to the discarded horse? Do the syndicate members know or care?

GSP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

Good point CP, and I wonder how syndicate horses are chosen in the first place?

Participant
    • Total Posts 750

I also have horses through the Owners Group. I think this is a great way to get into ownership for those of us not blessed with huge wallets. Far better than a racing club. With a racing club you join the club but they own the horses. With the Owners Group you physically have a share in the horse you choose. They also have a good scheme to find homes when the horse retires.

GSP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

That sounds good all round Kenh thanks.

GSP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

Just looked at the Ownersgroup site. Not a bad earner for trainer’s etc.
    First horse listed was under Henderson at a one off payment lasting for a year of £57.
    There’s 4,000 shares at that £57 which equates to £228,000! Not bad for a year I would say for those concerned.

Viewing 9 posts - 18 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.