The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Horse No Name

Home Forums Memorials Horse No Name

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Took a horrible fall at the last in the 4.35pm race at Clonmel today and was put to sleep to due the injuries he suffered. RIP.

http://www.irishracing.com/news?prid=116526&headline=Sad-sequel-to-Leighinmohr-victory

:cry:

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

Andrew Lynch’s comment made him sound full of compassion for the fallen horse. Not.

Participant
    • Total Posts 18

Sad….always wants to make me pack it in ….but I make excuses…I’m a hypocrite. I remember about 5 years ago at Goodwood one of Dettori’s horses slipped and fell. 10 minutes later he was being interviewed “I’m fine” never mentioned the horse?

Bula11

Participant
    • Total Posts 102

There are some commentators, Des Scahill amongst them, who’ll always tell us “both jickeys are on their feet” after a fall, but say absolutely nothing about the horse. Unforgivable.

I'd like to live in a place where they cordon off swans...
    BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

I agree burroughill and I find it really annoying. But then Irish commentary leaves a lot to be desired imho. They miss most of the action and seem to concentrate on simply giving a rundown of which horse is where in the race at all times. At Downpatrick on Wednesday last in the 2.20 one horse slipped up on the flat after the 3rd last and brought down two others. No mention at all of this until after the race finished and the commentator was running through the finishers when the comment was “and there’s a couple of loose horses.” That was it. :wacko:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.