The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Hopeful Start

Home Forums Memorials Hopeful Start

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jane of Herts
    Participant
    • Total Posts 110

I’ve just been watching the day’s highlights from Wetherby; the Jonjo O’Neill trained, JP McManus owned, Hopeful Start broke a leg on the flat during the Handicap Chase.

nighthorsenighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Very sad. RIP :cry:

PompetePompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Boo hoo, these things happen, don’t worry about it…

YoshiYoshi
    • Total Posts 63

What’s your point. We are not worrying but it’s just sad. That was a nice horse. Yes animals die, people die. But you aren’t sad if your family died because these things just happen? :|

reetlassreetlass
    • Total Posts 433

Really Pompete! Where’s your compassion? For some people the death of an horse, or of any beloved pet, is a desperate thing. I assume you are one of the folk who, upon the demise of their favourite dog, would just fling it’s body in the nearest ditch and pretend you never knew it anyway.

nighthorsenighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Boo hoo, these things happen, don’t worry about it…

Not worried Pompete. It’s over and done.

However, I am worried about the mental state of someone who goes out of their way to post such a nasty, sarky remark on this section of the board.

It’s called "Memorials". Obviously there will be expressions of sadness about the deaths of these horses. Why read it if it p****s you off so much you have to be obnoxious, you horrid little man.

Ten PlusTen Plus
    • Total Posts 812

I’ve put the following message on Horse Racing discussion FAO Pompete:

I doubt you will do this and if you do it probably won’t register but I’ll try anyway …
    please read the thread

In Memory of Tourist

on here – it shows just how much our equine friends mean to their immediate connections and the wider racing world too – maybe then you’ll understand or at least not bother to post in the memorial section again.

mort
    Participant
    • Total Posts 138

I can only echo the comments made following Pompete’s obnoxious post. I very rarely post on here these days, mainly because of people like Pompete. I too would worry about the mental state of someone with so little compassion for another living creature. I am at the other end of the spectrum and cannot even pass the body of a fox, deer, badger, bird etc laying at the side of the road that has been killed by a car, a product of "mankind", without a tinge of sadness at the unfairness of it all. So okay, this is perhaps the other extreme. But how on earth can you fail to be moved by the sight of a once magnificent racehorse standing pathetically by with a catastrophic injury, confused and frightened by their inability to run on, waiting to be set free from their suffering.
    I actually pity you Pompete, as you are clearly devoid of any normal emotions.

Ten PlusTen Plus
    • Total Posts 812

Mort you are not alone! Recently we were returning from a few days away which we’d enjoyed very much – a beautiful male pheasant came out of the undergrowth and gave us no chance – it made me feel so sick and spoiled the end to our break – I can see him now – in that fraction of a second he was no more. PLEASE do not let Pompete (or anyone else) stop you from showing you care!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7835

Is this the very same Pompete who, when the whip rules debate was at it’s height, accused me of being two faced by my questioning of the new rules, as I was always on this section of the forum ‘crying crocodile tears’; the same Pompete whose vitriolic comments had me close to tears that night even though corm got him to apologise and then wiped his evil comments off the thread so no one else could read them? The one who loves horses so much he doesn’t like the whip being used on them? Surely not, because people have been thrown off the forum for less. And apologies to poor Hopeful Start for hijacking his thread. RIP

PompetePompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Deleted

cjt62
    • Total Posts 39

If your comments are for real, and not just made to get a reaction (such as mine now), you are one sad individual. I’m not sure why your presence is tolerated on this site – you bring nothing positive to it at all.

Lizzie
    • Total Posts 24

Totally agree with cjt62. Please remove pompete from the site – selfish, obnoxious, rude, not needed.

Crepello1957Crepello1957
    Participant
    • Total Posts 710

I’m sorry but I find Pompete’s comments disgusting. He represents the really negative side of racing & betting. One of the reasons I don’t post much either is the presence of punters who don’t care about horses. It was my love of horses that got me interested in racing
    Can’t he be banned from the board?

notepad
    • Total Posts 49

RIP Hopeful Start

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.