The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Free Princess Latifa

Home Forums Lounge Free Princess Latifa

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7835

Well, at least the elephant in the room has finally been acknowledged. and I’m thankful for that.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9951

Pinatubo’s name should not be used as part of this Debate as it could incite attacks against the horse and he does not deserve that.

It doesn’t affect the point in question to seek justice for the Princesses’ and hope it comes soon.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

Jeez,
    Pinatubo is 100% relevent.

Despite considering this horse one of the best 5 two year olds I have ever seen in 40+ years of following horse racing – I find myself wishing the horse lost purely because I don’t want the owner to win a prestigeous race in Britain.

That does not mean I wish harm on the horse! If we have another TRF Awards at the end of the year – I’ll be voting for Pinatubo, as imo the horse deserves to be recognised as 2019 Flat Horse Of The Year.

Pinatubo is also relevent because we should stand up to this type of thing even if it may be uncomfortable for Racing to do so. The mafia gives money towards good causes because it influences people.

“It doesn’t affect the point in question to seek justice for the Princesses’ and hope it comes soon”. Yes it does, because – although you may not have meant it this way, jac – it comes across as: Let’s seek justice for the Princesses, as long as it doesn’t affect our hobby.

There surely needs to be maximum pressure put on Sheik Mo’ to free these women. If seeing even the people within this beautiful sport he enjoys so much are turning against him (and even better is asked a difficult question) then it adds to pressure and therefore more inclined to release them. Unfortunately the message he’ll get from Saturday will be the exact opposite!

Put yourself in the position of the victims here – how would you feel if the people of HORSE RACING did not speak out?
    This thread should’ve been all about what HORSE RACING should do (and not do) to increase the chances of freeing the princesses.

As for Matron changing the thread title – didn’t need much convincing did he. imo Obvious all about deleting HORSE RACING from the subject in order to try and justify moving it. Brushing even further under the carpet. :negative:

value is everything
    Bachelors HallBachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1301

The only vaguely rational reason I can think of for removing Pinatubo’s name from the title is an unwarranted fear of an Anmer/Shergar/Mr Sox type situation.

Any other rationale is frankly pathetic since the only person protected is Mr Mo.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9951

I certainly didn’t mean it to sound that way Ginger and sorry if it was misconstrued :rose: Of course I wish for justice for the Princess Latifa I just could not understand why Pinatubo’s name had to be used that was my own take on it and in no way about putting racing before justice.
    :bye:
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

BH, that’s fine if it is the sport taking a position on matters like these. But to criticise a journalist or broadcasting company for not making a lone stand is ridiculous, in my view.

All you journo’s stick together. It’s not a “lone stand” against what’s happening, Joe. Any right minded person is for the release of these women from Sheikh Mo’s control… Could’ve asked a question and even if they aren’t going to ask a question, the way Sheikh Mo was treated by both media and authorities I found totally wrong. They just as well knelt down and kissed his boots. :negative:

value is everything
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22208

Ginge, write to the BHA and/or MP’s regards getting Sheikh Mo being banned from UK horse racing until they free Princess Latifa as without them it won’t happen and perhaps its them that is burying their heads in the sand rather than TRF.
    I’d be more than happy to sign the petition..

Member since March 2008
    Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1498

Isn’t this what gambling is all about? Hoping that everything else bar your selection turns out to be a loser.

Still nothing wrong with Marks title selection

Participant
    • Total Posts 22208

Yes Ruby but this thread isn’t about gambling is it
    If Pinatubo had lost what difference would it have made to freeing the Princess
    Mr M, would still churn out 100’s of horses each year, many with top class aspirations
    I thought top class horses were for our enjoyment, whether betting on them or not, would ginge of not backed Pinatubo had he thought him the value pick?? of course he would have done..

Member since March 2008
    Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1498

Well, Nathan maybe Ginge thought Pinatubo was value to be laid at 1/3. Don’t you think that this part of Ginge might also exist?

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5769

How exactly did/does wishing defeat on Pinatubo contribute to the value of the original post and this thread in general?

For a start, if Mark had got his wish, the sheikh would almost certainly have been able to avoid the cameras completely post-race. With Pinatubo winning, at least viewers had the chance to see and hear the sheikh and, for those who know and care, it would have reminded them how badly he has treated the princess.

Free Princess Latifa as a thread title would, I think have garnered close to 100% support here, promoting unity in this section of the racing world, at least.

Wishing defeat on a champion was a poor decision and I suspect Mark realises that. Sorry shouldn’t be the hardest word.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

Some people seem more concerned about a bloody horse’s feelings.
    I’ve answered your points more than once. Give it a rest Joe.

value is everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22208

Well, Nathan maybe Ginge thought Pinatubo was value to be laid at 1/3. Don’t you think that this part of Ginge might also exist?

Possibly but the point is would Ginger of backed Pinatubo if he thought he was value.?

Maybe a new heading of

Hope all Godolphin horses lose unless they are value, Free Princess Latifa

Member since March 2008
    homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2268

So is it OK for me to want Benbatl to get beat on Saturday?

EDIT: Just thought. Should I be asking this Horse racing question in a Lounge thread :unsure:

Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

Nathan,
    If backing a Godolphin horse I will still be thinking Sheikh Mo does not deserve to win. But I think you already know this. Whatever my wallet might want, my heart and mind won’t want a Godolphin horse to win.

value is everything
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.