The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Highlights so far?

Home Forums Horse Racing Highlights so far?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

I was wondering what everyones highlight of the year is so far?

Kauto Star? Dettoris first Derby? Cockney Rebel?

My personal one, as I am sure a lot of peoples is, Cecil winning the Oaks.

For a man to lose his brother, have cancer and owner breeders dieing or selling up and still come back strong is testament to the man.

But one thing, why no knighthood? If Prescott has one surely Cecil is next!!

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I find it odd that wealthy owners were not rushing to place horses in his yard all these years. Can you imagine Stoute being left without owners or Aidan or Fabre.Seems so unusual. Give me another reason please. My belief is that he had a virus in his yard.Horses were not winning even sellers.<br>Even the best can’t beat the bug.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from andyod on 6:34 pm on June 8, 2007[br]I find it odd that wealthy owners were not rushing to place horses in his yard all these years. Can you imagine Stoute being left without owners or Aidan or Fabre.Seems so unusual. Give me another reason please. My belief is that he had a virus in his yard.Horses were not winning even sellers.<br>Even the best can’t beat the bug.

Just an opinion guys !, I think his private life had a lot to do with it, his mind was everywhere else bar racing, when you ease up at all, with so much competition around you, its going to be a struggle to get back to where you once were, it seems a lot of that is behind him now, and the results lately speak for themselves.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I often wondered why no knighthood for Vincent O’Brien.( the greatest trainer of the last century and now living in Australia)<br>After all Tony O’Reilly got one and he is hardly in the same parish as Vincent .

Happy JackHappy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

But one thing, why no knighthood? If Prescott has one surely Cecil is next!!

Sir Mark Prescott has not been knighted

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from andyod on 7:06 pm on June 8, 2007[br]I often wondered why no knighthood for Vincent O’Brien.( the greatest trainer of the last century and now living in Australia)<br>After all Tony O’Reilly got one and he is hardly in the same parish as Vincent .

I don’t know much about the ins and outs of knighthoods, but I would suggest you have to hold British citizenship.<br>Anyway sir this sir that, makes me puke. Sir Alex Fergusen, Sir Michael Stoute, how about Sir Michael Schumacher, Sir John Mc Enroe, its a British thing. By putting a sir in front of their name it makes them out to be some sort of superior human being, if where talking about Mother Theresa or the Doctors and nurses who look after your dying relatives, I can understand some sort of recognition, what did Stoute & Fergusen do for the human race ??.

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

Who would want an honour from the corrupt mob that are in power at present? Anyway you can only buy them nowadays

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.