The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Highest Rated three year old

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Highest Rated three year old

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

As we’ve been having a discussion about weight for age, weight allowances etc in another topic, I thought I’d ask all you that compile your own ratings what is your top rated three year old so far ignoring weight for age. I have adjusted my ratings to completely ignore weight for age. Sir Percy has a + because he’s run only once at a mile and a half and is almost certain  to run to a higher mark in the future.

<br>127   George Washington<br>125   Dylan Thomas<br>123+ Sir Percy<br>122   Araafa<br>120   Aussie Rules

<br>The highest rated filly I have is

118  Alexandrova

(Edited by The Market Man at 5:57 am on Aug. 1, 2006)

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Sorry, my ratings adjusted as I initially made a mess of my conversions. They’re right now.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Raw, not fiddled with etc,etc <br> <br>Dylan Thomas 123<br>Alexandrova 123<br>Dandy Man 117<br>Speciosa 113<br>Aussie Rules 113<br>Araafa 111<br>George W 110<br>Misu Bond 110<br>Naninna 110

;)

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Dylan Thomas improved a stone from English to irish derby?! :o

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Amazing Clivex ain’t it

<br>

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

TMM,

I have neither the time nor the inclination to compile ratings, but I like reading them. Could you explain to me your logic for rating DT 2lbs higher than SP?

I can’t see it myself. Not a great deal of daylight between SP and Araafa and Aussie Rules either.

I’ll accept unequivocally GW’s lofty position btw. Evidence of my own eyes, sah!:biggrin:

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Maxilon 5, If you look at bare form in lengths on a line through Best Alibi and Mountain, Dylan Thomas finished slightly further ahead of both in the Irish Derby to what he did in the English whilst those two horses seemed to run to within a fraction of their Epsom form indicating that they ran to their marks therefore Dylan Thomas went up a couple of pounds.

That said I’m extremely confident that Sir Percy is the better horse of the two and I expect his rating to increase quite a bit when he competes against the older horses.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.