The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Green Green Desert

Home Forums Lounge Green Green Desert

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    GreenGreenDesert
    • Total Posts 127

Hi. <br>My name is David Dent and I  am an Equine Arist.<br>Many of you may remember the horse that my girlfriend and I have in his retirement  (kindly given to us by the Tincknell family) , the awesome but enigmatic Green Green Desert. You may have nasty things to say about him but I can tell you he is one of the most magnificent horses ever bred. He is just highly intelligent that is all!

I was in fact thinking of doing a painting with some of the most notorious horses of recent times, and calling it Rogues gallery….any suggestions for inclusion? Deano’s Beano springs to mind as one. You know; those horses we love but are naughty.

I look forward to getting involved in the forum ; but I am much more jumps oriented than flat. I have a little syndicate of us who have a jumper by Law Society is training in the Czech Republic. <br>I have also been involved with the following horses at times:<br>Mudahim and Amlah we sponsored.<br>Pigeon Loft<br>Robbie’s Adventure<br>Muddy’s Boy (czech rep)<br>New orleans (czech republic)<br>Habasha <br>Durham

I have a blog and a profile at myspace which you are welcome to look at and add as a friend. Not many racing people in the UK on myspace but a few in the US and I have added some interesting people as friends.

Myspace offers enormous potential for racing fans…come and look.

<!– m –>http://www.myspace.com/davedent<!– m –>

It is free to join and you can make your own blogs, fanzine,profile, articles about racing, rants, pictures, whatever. <br>90% of the people on there are teenagers but in the US it has become an important networking tool for businesses, dating, friendships etc by all sections of society.<br>So it would be good to get the racing fraternity networking there.

Look forward to participating in this forum.

Best regards, David Dent

Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5860

Welcome to TRF David.

Regards- Matron<br>:cool:

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Welcome to TRF David – well written intro too :)

Glad to hear that GGD is enjoying his retirement

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Glad to hear GGD is doing well, he was a lovely looking horse and obviously probably still is!

As for horses with character, Or Royal and Harchibald spring to mind :-)

Welcome to the forum :-)

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

flatcapgamble…looks aren’t everything as your bug eyed stare rather proves Z:angry:Z. Having said that I rather like that fetching spikey green tunic.<br>

GreenGreenDesert
    • Total Posts 127

Thanks for the welcome everyone…what is the Irish Stamp connection ? I love him he is great. Seen him run at Pardubice and Paddy’s Return.

If you are an Artist looks are everything….female or horses!

Yes yes Or Royal was another of my faves! I recognised him when we went to Mary Reveleys once and nobody knew he was there. I knew it was him immediately and had to keep my mouth shut for a while. <br>And yes defintely Harchibald too! Pickle!<br>Thanks for those suggestions.

Yes zoz he is still awesomely handsome. Miriam francome told me that I was very lucky as she thought him probably the most handsome horse ever bred. <br>

(Edited by GreenGreenDesert at 2:29 am on Aug. 21, 2006)

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Yes, I remember GGD .. nice to hear he has not gone off to the glue factory .. my vote for a naughty but nice horse of recent time would be Ratki.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5124

Robbo is surely worthy of an end-terrace mural being one of the current generation’s great thinkers; the Reveleys love him

Wisley Wonder, the serial refuser, responsible for turning Twister a darker shade of puce was a good ‘un.

Green Green Desert – crazy name, crazy horse. Good to know he’s enjoying retirement.

GreenGreenDesert
    • Total Posts 127

Wow it is great to know people remember him with affection ! I will pass on all your regards.

And thanks for the suggestions on horses. They are all<br>horses who I absolutely love for their character. I will do a picture with them all in.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Robbo is surely worthy of an end-terrace mural being one of the current generation’s great thinkers<br> Drone  Posted on 11:18 am on Aug. 20, 2006

<br>Nice one Drone .. one of my favourites.

GreenGreenDesert
    • Total Posts 127

I wouldn’t quite have him down as a rogue….a character admittedly

threenaps
    Participant
    • Total Posts 303

<br>Arcadian Heights (bites) wasn’t he a rogue,

marko
    Participant
    • Total Posts 85

Welcome to the forum GGD

How about Vodkatini.  Surely a must on any rougues gallery.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Sorry I haven’t replied sooner GGD.  He was the first horse I saw on my first stable visit up to Ferdy Murphy’s circa 1999 (the year French Holly ran in the Prix La Barka etc in France).  He was stood in his stall (near the end of his career) looking all chestnutty and adorable lol.

So I used him as my screen name when he joined.  I’ve never seen him run mind :(

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Ratki ate a jockey once who bounced awkwardly off a trampoline …

.. no, no, I tell a lie .. he’d been fired out of a cannon at one of the Newmarket fun nights and he swallowed him in one big gulp !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.