Hexham – October 8th

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Hexham – October 8th

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4562

2.10 2m Class 4 Novice Chase

QUITE A MAN impressed me at Perth. Ridden quietly out the back, he emerged as a challenger in the straight and saw off the well regarded The Cockney Mackem in a battle to the line. That looks solid enough form and he should be up to seeing off his main rival L’Eldorado.

3.15 2m 4f Class 4 Handicap Chase

James Ewart has hit the ground running with a couple of winners form a handful of early autumn runners. BENEFICIAL REFORM goes straight from novice hurdles to handicap chasing and the Irish pointing looks potentially well treated. Ewart is a shrewd trainer and wouldn’t pick this race for ntohing. Danger amy well be another chase debutant in Ferdy Murphy’s Emperor Charlie who might step up on a littel promise shown in novice hurdles.

3.55 3m Class 5 Handicap Hurdle

Lucinda Russell trained mare VALLANI is the size of tuppence hapenny, but she does try and stays all day. She’s been kept on the go in recent weeks and should be fit enough. The course should suit her here and she may be capable of taking this lowly event amongst a moderate bunch. Super Ally is likely favourite follwoing a comfortable win over fences at Kelso, but the race rather fell into his lap and he might be underpriced here.

4.30 2m 4f Maiden Hurdle

This isn’t an event I’d get involved in but there might be some pointers to the future. Allow Me showed ability in bumpers and a novice hurdle a couple of seasons back and sets the form standard. Ifonlyalfie, a steady improver in Irish points, will be a chaser in time but is interesting nevertheless.
    Momkamzain showed fair staying form on the flat and was a £21,000 purchase for the Russell yard from Mick Channon.

5.05 3m 1f Class 5 Handicap Chase

A poor event and a chance once again for Lucinda Russell with STORMION. Ideally this one would need a little rain to ease, but the stable rate this noe capable at this level and he won’t many softer opportunities.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.