The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

helpppppppppp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    charv57
    • Total Posts 5

i notice from the replys it is unlikly i can win 5% of starting bank per day what is realistic % per day how should i go about it im sure some1 on this forum can help me profit as im now really strugling with my betting and need to earn some pennies all replys greatful thank you

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Well it may be dangerous to assume you can win anything a day from betting. Assuming you are working on Betfair you will have the best chance as the book is usually around 102%, but that still means the average punter loses 2%.

One way that you will not earn money (I am speaking from experience) is trying to be a jack of all trades. Having a dabble on the footy, horses and cricket isn’t going to make you money unless you are an exceptionally gifted punter. I am assuming you are betting on horses though that isn’t explicitly stated in your post.

One of the methods used is back to lay, and lay to back. These are still based on valur judgments though; you have to make the decision it is not going to win you money by sitting back. One method could be backing a front runner and laying off in running. As an example lets say you have a bank of £100

BACK £10 Mr Runoffinfront @ 4.50 (potential return = £45)

After a circuit assuming it is still in front this is probably likely to be trading at 3.50.

LAY £12 at 3.50 (potential liability £42)

Now if the horse wins you make £3 (3%) and if the horses loses you make £2 (2%). Sure its insignificant in relation to your bank but it is profit none the less.

I can’t help you about which horses to back and I don’t think anyone can – if they knew they could have a bath in their £50 notes and be lying on a beach somewhere. If you are new to the sport and think it is a quick way of making money you are sadly mistaken though, it requires dedication and a certain passion.

You have to be prepared to make losses to make gains as well. Some days you will lose money, everyone does.

I’ll put it another way; what makes you better than 99% of the other punters? What do you have that is so special?

If you want to talk things over feel free to PM me. (But I am no expert as one of the new members Wayward Lad so elequently told me!)

charv57
    • Total Posts 5

thanks fsl i have been punting since i was 18 and  i certainly know that its not a easy game.:(  yes i will be punting the horses but im investigating other sports as we speek more about this later………  i also have a bank for certain software this week ill purchase the  sure2profit calculator and also the bet angel bot for trading ill let you know about my experiences with the above my project will start in 2 weeks ill keep you updated with the profits and or loses plus my emotions lol :cool:

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

If you need to make money charv, get a better job, or another one .. trying to make money from gambling is a mugs game, unless you know something that everyone else doesnt.

Sorry for that, but its true .. :cool:

charv57
    • Total Posts 5

lol well dave thanks for your opinion it was so helpful lol:cheesy: :cheesy:  i take it from your response that u have had some bad experiences gambling but as we all know there are people out there who make a living from gambling yes only 2 percent but still they are REAL… i run my own plumbing business so i dont think i need a better job i earn enough myself thank you BUT i think you are missing the point here i am trying to find a way to beat the book and i know it can be done i am NOT going to claim any thing untrue here all will be FACT i have spent 1300 pound on software and systems and if i fall i will admit defeat but after your post i want to be in the 2 percent even more…. keep smiling

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi charv57

out of interest what software & systems have you bought.  I agree with you, that unless you truly believe you CAN win then it’s pointless to try.

I am a BELIEVER. (I feel a monkey’s song coming on……)

My key piece of advice is to try and answer this question.

1. Does the trainer want the horse to win?

byefrom<br>carlisle<br>

charv57
    • Total Posts 5

thanks carlisle i have purchased quite a few systems and pieces of software but as u can imagine its a big task sussing them all out ill go into details later this week after i have a grasp of them… but i wil say this that no money will go down until i have grasped a full understanding of them and to finish there is one major influence in this all that is money management good luck all until my next post…….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.