The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Help Required Please – RE: James Fanshaw

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Help Required Please – RE: James Fanshaw

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Hi all,

Just a quick question. James Fanshawe has a runner today in a claimer at Lingfield (Red Current), and on all known form it looks the one to beat if taking to the surface.

My question is, can anyone tell me if Fanshawe putting a horse in a claimer is a usual thing for him. I really can’t think of James Fanshawe having many runners in claimers. Please help.

More worrying for me is that Fanshawe has only had 6 runners on the All Weather in 2007 (all losers). I think I am talking myself out of backing this horse aren’t I lol?

Mike

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Mikky this sort of question is easily answered by visiting the RP site.

In the last five season he has had 16 runners in claimers, one of which won for a level stake profit of -£4.00.

Colin

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Cheers Colin.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3105

The connections are clearly keen to get rid of her one way or the other – she’s also entered for the July HIT Sales this week, Lot 876 on Friday morning.

AP

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4715

This claimer does look a very poor event, and if Red Current is ever to win it has be this race. The ‘Comment In Running’ for Happy Hester last time makes amusing reading………….’took 2 steps forwards then reversed through the starting stalls and out the back, unseated rider and took no part’.

Rob

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

This claimer does look a very poor event, and if Red Current is ever to win it has be this race. The ‘Comment In Running’ for Happy Hester last time makes amusing reading………….’took 2 steps forwards then reversed through the starting stalls and out the back, unseated rider and took no part’.

Rob

Don’t remind me, I backed the horse that day when it was 6/4 favourite. It’s called Hester Brook not Happy Hester lol – I don’t think you could ever call this horse Happy lol.

In my opinion, this race looks no stronger than the one she was 6/4 favourite, yet today she is generally 14/1 and trading well into the 20’s on BF.

Mike

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

For me, Red Current looks very short for a regressive filly which connections are not too interested in keeping.

That said, the short-list of solid rivals is a very short one indeed. I have a nice round number of such animals in this event.

Rather than backing or laying the Fanshawe horse, I would rather be looking at small backs on Sew In Character for the almost-on-the-edge-of-rediscovering-some-form-at-last Blanshard stable, and Camisso who has been running (relatively) respectably over shorter and might prove better suited by a shocking race over a mile despite pedigree concerns.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

For me, Red Current looks very short for a regressive filly which connections are not too interested in keeping.

That said, the short-list of solid rivals is a very short one indeed. I have a nice round number of such animals in this event.

Rather than backing or laying the Fanshawe horse, I would rather be looking at small backs on Sew In Character for the almost-on-the-edge-of-rediscovering-some-form-at-last Blanshard stable, and Camisso who has been running (relatively) respectably over shorter and might prove better suited by a shocking race over a mile despite pedigree concerns.

I couldn’t agree more NV. I would be happy for her to win without me backing her, rather than her lose if I do back her.

Even though her last time out form against Mick Is Back is head and shoulders above what her opposition have achieved lately, I still can’t back her at the price today. As Colin said above, Fanshawe has had just one winner in claimers in the last 5 years, and he has also been reluctant to race on the AW, having only 6 runners and no winners this year.

It’s as if the trainer has put her in the first suitable claimer, hoping that someone will claim on the back of her last time out ‘encouraging’ effort. She has a good jockey on board and will take all the beating today no doubt, but she isn’t for me. I will be backing both Camissa and Gifted Heir for both win and place but only to small stakes as it is a poor contest, even by ‘claimer’ standards.

Mike

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Great ride by Sanders on the favourite. Good price for anyone who did back her. She looked the form choice but I just couldn’t have her. I got my money back with the placed horse though so not too bad.

Mike

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

There you go dispite drifting like the proverbial barge she wins, not by very much though. I see she was trading at 4.0+ pre race and touched 16.0 in running.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4715

Great ride by Sanders on the favourite. Good price for anyone who did back her. She looked the form choice but I just couldn’t have her. I got my money back with the placed horse though so not too bad.

Mike

Red Current got into plenty of trouble, but it seemed to have much to do with her not fancying the hustle bustle of the bunch. She did show enough determination close home. Presumably there’s now more chance the stable can get rid of her.

Rob

TheCheekster
    • Total Posts 329

Rid: claimed by Rocket Ron.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.