The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Hayley Turner – out of favour ?

Home Forums Horse Racing Hayley Turner – out of favour ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

I can’t help but notice that she is riding a decreasing proportion of Michael Bell’s runners. Bell seems to be increasingly using the services of the likes of Spencer and Queally.
    I notice that she isn’t declared to ride any of the stables runners next week either.
    I know others on this forum rate her highly (which I do not), but wondered if anyone knew whether there had been a falling out ?

Peters
    Participant
    • Total Posts 68

Don’t know about any falling out, but no-one could doubt her jockeyship if they saw the Queen’s horses documentary with Hayley’s brilliant ride on Sign Manual at Newbury.

Personally I would take it as a plus rather than a minus if she was riding any horse that I fancied.

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

She was riding at Epsom today but was also replaced on The Lark in the Oaks by Spencer.
    A competent, but grossly overrated jockey in my eyes, (I accept that I am in an apparent minority on this forum in holding that view).
    Always thought that Fenton did an equally good job, but his career thereafter went into decline.
    Just wondered whether anyone knew what was going on ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 277

Hi
    That’s strange I thought just the opposite since Jamie got his new job (and he was always top stable jockey) she rides most of their runners it’s outside rides she’s been short of often going long distances for one or two rides for the stable when Spencer’s been at the meeting riding for others

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1927

She certainly isn’t out of favour with Claire Balding who was fawning all over her on Channel 4 a couple of weeks ago she was talking to Mick Fitzgerald when it was "Look! Here’s Hayley walking passed us!!"

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Hi
    That’s strange I thought just the opposite since Jamie got his new job (and he was always top stable jockey) she rides most of their runners it’s outside rides she’s been short of often going long distances for one or two rides for the stable when Spencer’s been at the meeting riding for others

In the last 2 weeks she’s ridden 7 out of the stables 40 runners, and been on none of the winners. She is also declared on none of the stables runners next week either.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Poor Hayley is going to be out of action for a while. She broke her ankle in a fall from Rambo Will at Yarmouth yesterday.

Bounce back soon, Hayley. :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.