The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Hayley Broken Ankle

Home Forums Horse Racing Hayley Broken Ankle

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22530

From ATR

Hayley Turner faces an uncertain spell on the sidelines after suffering a broken ankle in a fall at Bath on Wednesday afternoon.

It was initially thought Turner had escaped serious injury following the incident, where she was unseated on the way to the start of the Grange 3Yr Free Servicing September grange.co.uk Handicap. Turner was going to post aboard favourite Rose Aurora for Marcus Tregoning when the filly appeared to jink in front of the stands rail, rearing up and landing on the dual Group One-winning rider.

After being assessed in the medical room on course, Turner was believed to have suffered just bruising, but later went to hospital for precautionary X-rays, tweeting: “Ouch!! Im thinking its just badly bruised, on my way to the hospital to double check, gutted I didn’t wax my legs before I came racing!”.

Her boss Michael Bell, speaking from Doncaster sales, told Press Association Sport this evening: “She will have an operation (on Thursday), which is a real shame as the season was going so well for her.

“I suppose it is part and parcel of being a jockey, it’s just the timing of it – she was absolutely flying. She has had a fantastic season. But she’s bounced back from a worse injury in the past and she will certainly bounce back again.”

Britain’s leading female jockey has been enjoying the most successful spell of her career, riding her first two Group One winners on Dream Ahead in the July Cup and the Bell-trained Margot Did in the Nunthorpe this season.

Here’s to a speedy recovery. A real shame as She’s been in the form of her life and has had a real season to remember.

Here’s two get well presents to cheer her up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYZhl6m1fU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioN3ZYRhNGM

Member since March 2008
    PurwellPurwell
    Participant
    • Total Posts 654

Operation?
    I’m not a doctor, but you don’t have operations on fractures as routine do you?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

Purwell
    I’m no doctor either, but did have the same ‘clean break’ fracture earlier this year.
    6 weeks in plaster plus about the same for physio is the typical treatment, though recovery is hastened if the bone is pinned, which would probably explain Hayley taking the surgical option.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.