The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Harbour Watch – How Far Will He Stay?

Home Forums Horse Racing Harbour Watch – How Far Will He Stay?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4517

So far pretty much nothing not to like and had he not been hampered it looked as if he would have won the Richmond four lengths near enough on the bridle. His running style would suggest seven furlongs shouldn’t be too much of a problem but a mile? No real reason not to aim him at the Guineas as he could always drop back should stamina be a problem.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22627

Both trainer and jockey have said a mile will be no problem. Good enough for me.

Member since March 2008
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22627

Also in all 3 of his starts the closer they get to the finish line the more distance he puts between himself and his rivals which would be a good sign a step up wouldn’t bother him.

Member since March 2008
    GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26574

Got to declare an interest as I’ve already backed Harbour Watch for the 2000 Guineas @ 20/1 before the race yesterday.

Although by a sprinter and speed influence Acclamation; dam is related to several who stayed further than a mile. This tail female line has the brilliant broodmare Fall Aspen as third dam. The Urban Sea of her generation. Not only did she produce champions herself, but her grandson was Dubai Millenium.

value is everything
    ricky lakericky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2358

Interesting question , the truth is Hughsie would be the best judge, as he is experienced enough to know

Even though his pedigree says he will get a mile perhaps , its a risky deal though

So much speed , its a hard call , if he does , he will take some beating for sure …but to bet money on it is crazy …as is all ante post ,. but thats only a personal view , good luck to Mark and all who have him at tasty prices , I do sincerely hope you collect

Ricky

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Impressed by him at Goodwood as he was seriously incommmoded by the hanging horse.

He’ll get 1m 2f next year and could easily be a Derby horse IMHO.

Zip

IanIan
    • Total Posts 1415

I’ve no doubts he’ll get a mile. Doubt he’d get any further than that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.