The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

happy retirement neptune collonges

Home Forums Horse Racing happy retirement neptune collonges

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1131

paul nicholls has said he wil not race again, he owes them nothing after today, wll be retired alongside denman and possibly kauto star (as we know owner wants him retired), his 3 kings

vf

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 811

John Hales has also retired Noland – may Neptune and his other horse Noland who ran earlier today enjoy many more happy years – I hope they actually get to do something else.
    :D :D :D

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28471

Wonderful grey, did me a big favour today. Happy retirement small fella.

Value Is Everything
    Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1295

Glad to hear a good news story. I hope that he enjoys a long and healthy retirement

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1604

Very happy news and a well deserved retirement beckons. I followed him from his novice hurdling days and have always appreciated his class and attitude. He would have been a Gold Cup winner were it not for his two exceptional and legendary stable companions.

I wish him and Noland many years of happy retirement.

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 618

A class act and a magnificent performance to bow out on giving 15lbs to the second. All the despondency surrounding the race should not detract from one of the best winners in modern times.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13144

Hearing that news has helped a little with the sadness of the loss of dear Synchronised and According to Pete.
    I have not been a great fan of John Hales since he let One Man run at Aintree only 3 weeks after winning at Cheltenham and seeing the fabulous Neptune Collonges win the Grand National in the colours of One Man brought it all back again.
    I truly believe that the spirit of One Man was with John Hales yesterday and that his decision to retire both Neptune Collonges and Noland was spurred on by his memory.
    Happy retirement Neptune Collonges and Noland you have been good servants to racing and deserve long and happy lives. :D :D

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    pyewacket
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17

Happy retirement Neptune and Noland :) xx

i read online both are being retired to john hales’s daughters farm where she has a stud. I know Neptune is a gelding so not too sure what the plans are for him, just happy he came home safe and won’t have to race again.

CarryOnKatie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 569

Unlucky to be around the same time as his more illustrious stablemates Kauto Star and Denman. In a different era may have been able to bag a Cheltenham Gold Cup to add to his two Punchestown versions and deserved to win a biggie.

Enjoy your retirement fella. Happy retirement to Noland too.

At least some good news has come out of this years National.

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

Just want to echo everyone else’s sentiments. Best news to come out of the National so far. May he have a long and happy retirement.

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 811

Echo all above. Having seen Noland and Neptune on Saturday they are both so obviously full of life and enthusiasm. On Thursday there was a parade of retired racehorses – including Monet’s Garden, Beef Or Salmon, Comply Or Die – 8 of them – and all them have gone on to other equestrian sports – hunting, dressage, eventing, showing. So I hope Noland and Neptune will enjoy another life – once they’ve enjoyed a summer at grass of course
    :D :D :D :D !

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 811

duplicate post – sorry !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.