The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Jumps Notebook 2020/21

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Jumps Notebook 2020/21

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034

Great White Shark very impressive today, and I think she could get better. Definitely keeping an eye on her.

No shock here, but Master Tommytucker out tomorrow, and if the jumping holds up, might have a “fun” Cheltenham bet.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2870

It’s crazy how much she has matured/improved. Last year she had to be produced with a run late on, whereas this year she looks a lot more straightforward when asked a question. 145 over hurdles already- you’d imagine she could win a decent pot this year. She hasn’t won a graded race over hurdles yet, that will be the target you’d imagine.

One that i liked following his debut over hurdles last year was Takarengo, but he soon went wayward. Some soft ground + a step up in trip could make his mark of 120 very winnable off…

One from the UK i liked at the weekend was Flinck. He looks a decent horse in the making, and probably a mixture of 8 months off + 2m 3f on good ground counted against him on Saturday. Stayed on well in what’s probably a decent race going forward. He has some decent form, beating The Con Man by 3Ls- he is now 138 rated while Flinck sits on 130. Could possibly see them stepping him up in trip some more at some stage. Perhaps he’d be interesting if they ran him in the 2m4 handicap hurdle at Aintree Paisley Park won a few years back.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034

Yeah Jack, I’ll be following her even more now. That’s two decent wins from her this season, plus 66’s EW in The Martin Pipe, so can even afford a couple of reverses from her. Surely has a big season ahead of her. That was seriously impressive on Saturday.

Flinck an interesting shout.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2870

The news you want to here Bobby….it’s under consideration for GWS. Obviously that’s WPM saying that so he could change his mind tomorrow haha.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034

Absolutely Jack, no way am I taking that as gospel, with so many other options……but got to be worth a try at 33’s.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034

Trees Valley begins her chasing career at Thurles today. I’ll be happy with a nice quiet spin for her, but I’m hoping she’s a natural. Think I’ll ask for a price for the 2022 Thyestes.

At Carlisle, another horse making his debut over fences is the Sandy Thomson trained Elf De Re. Very impressed with him last year, and I’ll be disappointed if he doesn’t bag a few races this year.

Alexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Captain Tom Cat and Fix Sun certainly have been well tipped up by just about all.
    Never mind in this handicap backing both could prove profitable as the form isn’t
    as strong as would normally be expected.

Alexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034

Thought Vaniteux was interesting at a price Alex, a very big price.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034

Another strange looking target for At The Acorn tomorrow at Galway.

Looks short enough, but I’m sure there’ll be a method to their madness.

Alexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Venture
    The ups and downs of racing.
    Nothing seems consistent maybe thats the way its meant to be !

Alex

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034

Absolutely Alex.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034

Couple I thought worth including…..

Quid Pro Quo
    Quite liked what I seen today at Hereford. Thought he was going to get pegged back, but kept at it. Should hopefully be more to come.

Malaya
    She didn’t win, but I thought that her run at Ascot at the weekend was encouraging, and I can see her landing a decent handicap this season, as I think she’ll look very well treated in time.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034

Looking forward to seeing how these two get on tomorrow on their debuts over fences.

Sporting John
    Tedham

Sporting John surely better than we seen at Cheltenham, and I’m hoping Tedham is just better than we seen at a few tracks last year.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034

Midnight Run
    I had high hopes for him last year, but it all went a bit pear shaped.

He’s been given a long layoff though, and hopefully they’ve got to the bottom of the problem, as I’m confident he’s better than his last couple of runs.

I won’t be unduly disappointed with an average run today, but I’m hoping he could step up to something like The NH Chase.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.