The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Handicap Chasers 2020/21

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Handicap Chasers 2020/21

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17330

As with the hurdle thread, I realise it’s early enough, but jumps back today, and Galway looming too, so might as well get cracking.

This guy could probably go on the Hurdle thread too, but I’ll put him up on here.

Certainly not betting this pair today, but both of serious interest with Galway in mind.

Azzuri – Haven’t forgotten his romp at Ayr last year, and he’s spent all winter running on completely unsuitable ground. His mark has plummeted as a result. Very hard to second guess what the plan is, considering he can run over both fences and hurdles, but Galway is surely the plan.

I thought the trip stretched him in The Plate last year, while he’ll struggle to get in The Galway Hurdle, so perhaps one of the supporting races.

If that is the case, then even more reason to swerve him tomorrow, as it wouldn’t be essential for him to win, fir all he’d lap this lot if on his “A Game”.

TheKryptonFactorTheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1070

Great to see the jumps back, I almost prefer it during the summer – definitely enjoy the lower grade stuff more than on heavy ground in February.

• Total Posts 17330

Yeah, great to see it back, love this time of year, and enjoy the summer jumping a lot. I love the mixed Saturdays at this time of year, and you do get some cracking races over the jumps, especially in Ireland.

• Total Posts 17330

Not unduly concerned with Azzuri, for all I’d like to have seen him win.

If it’s Galway right enough for him, then sure to be one of the supporting races.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.