The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Jumps Notebook 2020/21

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Jumps Notebook 2020/21

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16323

I know it’s early enough, but with the jumps kicking off today, and with Galway on the horizon, I thought I’d get a thread up and running.

Certainly not betting this pair today, but both of serious interest with Galway in mind.

Recent Revelations – Major fancy of mine for The Galway Hurdle, provably my #1 at this stage, and he’s in the Tipperary 1330.

I think this is a nice horse, and he should have a big season ahead. He’s not the slickest over his flights, but I think he’ll be miles better than 130. If unsuccessful tomorrow, which is possible, as the Fav looks decent, then he’d still be of serious interest at Galway in one of the supporting races.

Azzuri – Haven’t forgotten his romp at Ayr last year, and he’s spent all winter running on completely unsuitable ground. His mark has plummeted as a result. Very hard to second guess what the plan is, considering he can run over both fences and hurdles, but Galway is surely the plan.

I thought the trip stretched him in The Plate last year, while he’ll struggle to get in The Galway Hurdle, so perhaps one of the supporting races.

If that is the case, then even more reason to swerve him tomorrow, as it wouldn’t be essential for him to win, fir all he’d lap this lot if on his “A Game”.

TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1286

Great to see the jumps back, I almost prefer it during the summer – definitely enjoy the lower grade stuff more than on heavy ground in February.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16323

Yeah, great to see it back, love this time of year, and enjoy the summer jumping a lot. I love the mixed Saturdays at this time of year, and you do get some cracking races over the jumps, especially in Ireland.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16323

Not unduly concerned with Azzuri, for all I’d like to have seen him win.

If it’s Galway right enough for him, then sure to be one of the supporting races.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16323

Very eyecatching run from Chief of Police at Limerick today.

Not sure whether he’ll remain on the level, or go back over fences or timber, but he’s on the radar now.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16323

Recent Revelations very disappointing at Galway, but possible excuses, as he was stepped up in trip, having been balloted out of a The Galway Hurdle.

Not giving up on him though, and at least I know he’s looking more suitable for the minimum trip.

Chief of Police was given a straightforward enough assignment at the weekend, but he disappointed.

Not a great start so far.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16323

Can’t believe I missed Young Turk on Sunday.

Real notebook horse of mine two years back, and he did the business at 28’s. I was wary of him not coming back the same horse, but he looked ok yesterday, and if not hammered for it, might be one to consider for Kerry or Munster Nationals.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16323

Trees Valley might not be an obvious one for bigger prizes, but having won twice at Tramore, connections clearly know they have at least a half decent animal on their hands.

They should have some fun with this horse in the next couple of seasons, and might be one of those to take advantage of when she’s a price.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16323

Very happy with Trees Valley at Listowel on Sunday, she couldn’t have won it easier, and at a decent 9-2 as well.

Alexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1169

Although not a Jumps Handicap notebook I thought that some might be interested in this Bangor Novice Hurdle in which I am going against the tissue favourite.
    Finisk River is my nap today

Very, very close but no cigar today

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16323

That was very unlucky Alex

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16323

Trees Valley back out tomorrow, and it’ll be some effort to win off 11lbs higher, but I’m hoping she can put in a decent run.

Alexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1169

The Uttoxeter 3.16 looks a fairly competitive Handicap Hurdle but the change in going could likely throw a spanner in the works regarding the form which has been mostly on a sound surface. Today I will just watch this race along with the Arc. Incidentally, for me due to the going, the Arc is also only a watch.

Have a good day on the box folks.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16323

Good stuff Alex, you made the right call sitting that one out.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16323

A horse who really interests me this season is At The Acorn.

Think they could land a nice pot with this season, be it over timber or fences.

Not sure I’ll bet him tomorrow, but certainly a fair price in the opener at Limerick.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.