The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gutted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Well here it is my gutted topic.

Fair play to My Way De Solzen I thought they made the wrong choice going for the Arkle, I was wrong.

Fair Along bloody hampered by the faller.

Gutted.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

I don’t think it’s going to be my day.

My horse (Amaretto) was repeatedly bumped in the first.

And, in the 2nd, I had bits on 3 different horses. 2 of them fell at the 2nd last and badly hampered the other!

Steve  

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

As the Queen Mum said after Devon Loch "That’s racing".

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

not my day either! I need Hardy Eustace to come good for me

Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3121

I was put off MWDS after Barry Dennis bismarcked him, why did I listen to the fat oaf.:biggrin:

What about a World Hurdle, Arkle, Gold Cup treble next year. That would be something.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 170

Anyone else think RJ gave Fair Along an absolute pig pf a ride??

The horse ended up mid-field with big horses either side of him and was never jumping as well as usual until towards the end when it saw some light.

If the start meant that it had to start mid-field then surely he either had to get it close to the front and take the risk that it would still stay or put it out wider on the track to let him see his fences???

In the end the faller didn’t sop him winning, though I think he would have got within 2 lenghs.

I would still fancy Fair along for a rematch at Aintree…

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Quote: from aaftershock on 4:35 pm on Mar. 13, 2007[br]Anyone else think RJ gave Fair Along an absolute pig pf a ride??

The horse ended up mid-field with big horses either side of him and was never jumping as well as usual until towards the end when it saw some light.

If the start meant that it had to start mid-field then surely he either had to get it close to the front and take the risk that it would still stay or put it out wider on the track to let him see his fences???

In the end the faller didn’t sop him winning, though I think he would have got within 2 lenghs.

I would still fancy Fair along for a rematch at Aintree…

<br>Can’t really agree with that. Fair Along was never really travelling like he usually does. I was quite happy though as he finds when really asked which he did again just got hampered and My Way De Solzen had flown and won well to be fair.

After Fair Along not really travelling and Detriot City’s nightmare performance I’m just beginning to wonder if the Hobbs stable is just not firing quite right at the moment.

Seven TowersSeven Towers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 607

I had Juveigneur, Mon Mome and Distant Thunder ew in the William Hill. As they turned for home I thought "I hope Mon Mome wins as I’ve got him at 20’s, no matter if he doesn’t one of them is bound to win."

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

I’m just beginning to wonder if the Hobbs stable is just not firing quite right at the moment

Or perhaps (God forbid) that Triumph just is not as good as some thought?

Anzum
    • Total Posts 256

I don’t think we saw the real fair along and detroit city today for one moment.  Neither was travelling at any stage in their respective races.  Hopefully their prices may become inflated come Aintree and money lost can be regained.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Quote: from Aidan on 5:23 pm on Mar. 13, 2007[br]

I’m just beginning to wonder if the Hobbs stable is just not firing quite right at the moment

Or perhaps (God forbid) that Triumph just is not as good as some thought?

<br>I think thats an easy kneejerk reaction after basically one race, Champion Hurdle (after all Fair Along didn’t run THAT badly).

Subsequent events have proved last years Triumph to be top notch.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

I could have been more gutted.

I had planned to lay MWDS but his price went out so I didn’t. That saved me a few quid.

I sat out the Champion Hurdle which was good as I would have never seen that winner (plus I tinkered with the idea of also backing Hardy to a place).

Then I almost backed Distant Thunder (was the obvious one on the trends). I laid the forecast favourite instead (little Brick).

That photo would have done me in.

So, down for the day, but still breathing.

Steve

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

I only backed Fair Along so no further losses. Only having one more bet at the Festival (well already had it) and thats Exotic Dancer in the Gold Cup.

40/1, 16/1, 50/1 winners already. God help everyone lol.

SirHarryLewisSirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1194

ive had a small few bod ew on Deputy consort in the last but the bookies are dining out tonight.  Some serious money lost on Detroit.

SHL

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

aaftershock was it you who INSISTED to me that Fair Along would front run in the Arkle? I don’t think it could of won even if it did fron run though, I thought My Way De Solzen gave a fanastic performance even if its task was made easier. I got the horse worng but interestingly if you were backing him for the Gold up next year you probably would of preferred for him to get beat!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.